IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Do You Enjoy Flying?
MiniTES
post Jul 25 2005, 01:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 177

I love it - but I also find it to be infinitely more enjoyable when I have a window seat. There's so much to see (and if you look for something, you're far more likely to see it). Once I even saw a sundog from ABOVE it! It always amazes me how people can just get on a plane, close the window shade, and go to sleep.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
jamescanvin
post Aug 9 2005, 02:23 AM
Post #2

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 16

Can't get enough of looking out of the window while flying. Which does mean I'm sitting here rather tired after flying back to Australia from a two week trip back to the UK yesterday! Worth staying awake for as just in the last, err, lets say 3 days, i've seen:

The Arctic ocean in twilight at local midnight,
Snow on the Ural Mountains,
The vast wilderness of Siberia,
The worlds longest suspention bridge (Akashi Kaikyo Bridge in Kobe) (landing at Kansai),
Dolphins off the Australian coast while on approch at Brisbane,
All the sights of Sydney, Harbour bridge, Opera house, etc.

Worth spending all that time squashed inside a metal cylinder!

Only problem is I now have two weeks of all your posts to catch up on! Slow down guys! smile.gif

James

--------------------
Twitter
Please support unmannedspaceflight.com by donating here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th June 2024 - 10:37 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.