Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Voyager and Galileo Images of Ganymede, The Ganymede images and mosaics thread
Bjorn Jonsson
post May 18 2007, 09:43 PM
Post #106

IMG to PNG GOD

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 38

I've been processing some of the high resolution Galileo Ganymede images recently. As far as I know the two mosaics below have not appeared at the official websites (at least not in this form) so in a sense they are 'new'.

The first one was obtained during the G1 flyby in 1996. It covers a part of Memphis Facula which is centered at roughly 15°N, 132°W. The images were obtained at a distance of approximately 5000 km from Ganymede's center.
Attached Image

The second one was obtained during the G28 flyby in May 2000. It is centered near 14.5°S, 319.7°W. The images making up the mosaic were obtained at a distance of roughly 4500 km from Ganymede's center.
Attached Image

I will probably post more Ganymede mosaics later this month or next month.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
2 Pages V  < 1 2

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 04:23 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.