Closed TopicStart new topic
mer photos
Tesheiner
post Jan 26 2007, 12:41 PM
Post #46

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 253

One more <clinck> to the swearbox. smile.gif
It should be a very hard work, but the results are impressive!

I was wondering if an image of Opportunity's IDD during those times at Olympia, while driving with the arm unstowed, would help...
Here is one of those, taken by the navcam on sol 717: (click on the image to see the full-res)
Attached Image

If I understood you right, I think that area within the red circle is squared and seems to be the base part where a connector is plugged.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
scooterlord
post Jan 26 2007, 02:00 PM
Post #47

Group: Members
Member No.: 1097

teshneier thanks, but I need MUCH more clearer reference to do what I am doing :/ I am mostly interested in the part of the arm shown on the left on this picture where the equipment connects to the arm. that white roundy thing. I browsed most of the online photos of both mers in order to get reference.. very tiring work. even browsing them on my disk is tough to get the information i need. Anyway I need front and rear sides of that white roundy thing (previous image I posted on the right where the arrow points). It would help a lot!

thanks for the support so far guys smile.gif really need it smile.gif hope i get some new work done soon enough to keep you interested!

--------------------
Highly Detailed3D Models on my site:

http://www.nicksotiriadis.gr

+Quote Post
mars_armer
post Jan 26 2007, 09:25 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 143

A couple of pictures that may be helpful...

Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
mars_armer
post Jan 26 2007, 09:26 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 143

...and a couple more.

Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
scooterlord
post Jan 26 2007, 10:16 PM
Post #50

mars armer!! where the hell did you get these??? smile.gif I only had the first one! great! that's wonderful news guys! smile.gif I'm really excited, I'll get back to work as soon as possible! smile.gif thanks again! btw, wish I had these photos a bit earlier, I was struggling to make things out expecially for the moessbauer from reference you wouldn't imagine you could get information out of. good news is that my model came really nicely and seems quite accurate judging by a quick glance at these photos.

hmm, looks like I was right, by studying the last reference pic there's a strange shape where I circled in my last render, I can make it out now, cool! and the back of the arm is ultra clear! my imagination will continue from then on but this stuff is really helpful!

just in case you guys come up with an reference found in strange sites, what i need are:

pics of the whole arm, especially where it binds with the body
the body (i have quite good reference, hi-res photos, but the more the better)
*****i need the high gain antennae's part that holds the film that connects to the body (check eariler in this thread)

--------------------

+Quote Post
scooterlord
post Jan 28 2007, 05:02 PM
Post #51

hey there! based on the new reference I got you this!

I added the strange shape in the circle- I was right, it was not round at all - and fixed the whole in the white plastic on the right. i'll try to work a bit more the next few days to give you a big update smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
scooterlord
post Jun 8 2007, 08:13 AM
Post #52

hello guys. how have you been doing? I gave it a lot of thinking before I posted this, I wanted to show an update that you'd be absolutely amazed, but I decided to post this just to let you people know that I am still working on the project, these past few days many hours a day... so here it is. I spent hunderds of hours studying just to get to this point and tens of hours modeling. As for my current progress I am almost done with detailing the body (everything except cables - which I will start modeling soon) and I'll continue with REMODELING the whole 'head' because I got new details and mine seem to be a lot off as far as accuracy is concerned.

Waiting for your comments!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toma B
post Jun 8 2007, 08:41 AM
Post #53

Member No.: 384

WOW!!! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
You are doing great...BTW, when do you think this model will be finished?

--------------------
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful; he studies it because he delights in it, and he delights in it because it is beautiful.
Jules H. Poincare

My "Astrophotos" gallery on flickr...

+Quote Post
scooterlord
post Jun 8 2007, 08:43 AM
Post #54

to have it done with the level of detail I want, hmm.. modeling maybe like in 5-6 months. I am still lacking reference for the base of the IDD and some other parts though. so if anyone has them.. let me have them too smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_PhilCo126_*
post Jun 8 2007, 02:54 PM
Post #55

Guests

This is too much...
Superb detail!

+Quote Post
lyford
post Jun 8 2007, 05:17 PM
Post #56

Member No.: 124

I need a swear jar for this thread as well.....

--------------------
Lyford Rome
"Zis is not nuts, zis is super-nuts!" Mathematician Richard Courant on viewing an Orion test

+Quote Post
scooterlord
post Jun 8 2007, 05:21 PM
Post #57

lol! i am not sure why you would need a swear jar for this! into 3d?

--------------------

+Quote Post
lyford
post Jun 8 2007, 08:15 PM
Post #58

Member No.: 124

I am blown away by the detail... it seems more visible even with the monochromatic renders.

--------------------
Lyford Rome
"Zis is not nuts, zis is super-nuts!" Mathematician Richard Courant on viewing an Orion test

+Quote Post
scooterlord
post Jun 15 2007, 09:34 AM
Post #59

guys, i am in need of your help again... if anyone has any idea (or better reference) of what the hell is going on in there, please provide me with material:

this thing is on the rear of the mer. I have no idea what's going on below the cables I circled. I have the fantastic reference someone in here provided me with but I still need to see what it looks like, if it's angled or anything. any pictures you might have, even messy as this one, let me have it. it's what I do. i study several hours to make out whats going on from different angles.

and this one. what the hell the base of the idd looks like. any good pics (apart from the ones found in the creators' site - they have a big one, but still difficult to make out) are welcome. even simple written explanations of how the thing works might still help. eg, it has a rotor there, a weight there, etc.

and here's a wip i took quite some time ago (it's FAAAR more detailed now, but will post later) to keep you coming back!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nix
post Jun 15 2007, 06:14 PM
Post #60

Chief Assistant

Group: Admin
Member No.: 136

Woaw. The web looks spectacular! Can I have one of them 3d swear jars?

Nico

--------------------
photographer, space imagery enthusiast, proud father and partner, and geek.

http://500px.com/sacred-photons &

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:14 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.