8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
MSL self portrait, Sols 84 - 85
mcaplinger
post Nov 16 2012, 01:01 AM
Post #106

Group: Members
Member No.: 497

BTW, this is obviously off-topic but I've been asked to point out that we've got a software engineering position open at MSSS -- see http://www.msss.com/about-us/jobs.php for details.

--------------------
Disclaimer: This post is based on public information only. Any opinions are my own.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
EdTruthan
post Nov 17 2012, 09:20 AM
Post #107

Member No.: 6500

QUOTE (fredk @ Nov 15 2012, 04:16 PM) *
Any chance, if you've got the server space, that you could post the corresponding sol 84 mosaic? It would be insanely cool to view in full colour stereo on a 3D display...

No problemo Amigo, it's done. The Sol 84 portrait in full and half resolution can now be downloaded at the original post. Enjoy.

QUOTE (mcaplinger @ Nov 15 2012, 04:54 PM) *
Did you use hugin? If so, might you consider posting the files?

Sorry for the tardy reply Mike. I didn't use Hugin, but will PM you shortly on the topic...

--------------------
"We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time." -T.S. Eliot

+Quote Post
Cargo Cult
post Nov 30 2012, 07:02 AM
Post #108

Member No.: 4152

If anyone's interested in the arm contortions required for the self-portrait, there's a great little visualisation at about 35 seconds in here!

+Quote Post
Explorer1
post Dec 12 2012, 07:30 PM
Post #109

Member No.: 5221

A more complete mosaic of the self-portrait is up, showing more of the surrounding terrain.
http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/catalog/PIA16457

+Quote Post
wildespace
post Jan 15 2013, 03:39 PM
Post #110

Member No.: 6842

Hi all, my first post here. I assemble (or try to assemble) panoramas using Microsoft ICE, which are then posted to Photosynth.net.

Here's my attempt at the self-portrait (Sol 84). It's not perfect, but I love how you can spin the view around and explore various details.
http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=e3d691...91-b82b4525f52a

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:27 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.