26 Pages V  « < 24 25 26  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The West Valley Route
Astro0
post May 11 2009, 06:44 AM
Post #376

Group: Admin
Member No.: 615

RoverDriver: These images were taken to assess the state of the middle wheels which can be seen through the opening in the deck.

Attached Image

Pulled the middle wheels out of the shadows.
The centre-left wheel (right on the image) seems closer to the deck (illusion?)

Astro0
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
RoverDriver
post May 11 2009, 01:00 PM
Post #377

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1200

QUOTE (fredk @ May 10 2009, 08:43 PM) *
Thanks, Paolo, I don't think even the sharp eyed members of UMSF would have noticed that! It makes sense that the current emphasis would be on mobility rather than characterizing the panels.

You could have picked it up from the PANCAMs we took over the weekend (Sol 1902) and a couple of sols ago (Sol 1900) where the middle wheels are more visible.

Paolo

--------------------
Disclaimer: all opinions, ideas and information included here are my own,and should not be intended to represent opinion or policy of my employer.

+Quote Post
jamescanvin
post May 13 2009, 08:00 AM
Post #378

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 16

QUOTE (Oersted @ May 12 2009, 06:57 PM) *
I suggest a new thread called "Getting unstuck in West Valley" or something to that effect... - This will take a while.

Agreed - moved posts to Getting unstuck in West Valley

--------------------
Twitter
Please support unmannedspaceflight.com by donating here

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  « < 24 25 26
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:29 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.