Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Request for Clementine's launch photos
Guy Parry
post Mar 8 2009, 11:11 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4591

Slightly OT, I know, but has anyone ever seen or heard of a hi-res close-up of Clementine's launch? There's a lousy one taken from a distance, which is easily findable via the Clementine wiki, but I would very much like to track down one taken by, for example, a pad camera such those which appear for Delta-2 and Atlas launches...

--------------------
"What Goes up..."
My rare Space Shuttle Payload bay archive:
http://pargoo.customer.netspace.net.au/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tesheiner
post Mar 8 2009, 11:58 AM
Post #2

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 253

Launch photos taken at the pad... Have you searched or asked at NSF? I'm pretty sure you'll find it there. It covers almost all manned/unmanned launches.

PS: No need to ressurect an (almost) two years old thread to post an OT request. Better do it on a new thread.

Moved.

+Quote Post
Guy Parry
post Mar 9 2009, 12:32 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 4591

Two years old already? Yikes.
I will give NSF a try. If it weren't for fellow-Aussie Peter Hunter's herculean efforts over the years there would be literally hundreds that would never have been seen. He concentrated on Atlas and Delta/Thor launches, visiting Boeing and Grumman and lots of other companies chasing up prints sitting in filing cabinets and what-have-you. Unfortunately, I don't know of anybody who has made a similar effort to collect Titan shots, or Redstone, for that matter...

--------------------
"What Goes up..."
My rare Space Shuttle Payload bay archive:
http://pargoo.customer.netspace.net.au/

+Quote Post
Art LeBrun
post Feb 15 2010, 02:41 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 3977

QUOTE (Guy Parry @ Mar 8 2009, 04:32 PM) *
Two years old already? Yikes.
I will give NSF a try. If it weren't for fellow-Aussie Peter Hunter's herculean efforts over the years there would be literally hundreds that would never have been seen. He concentrated on Atlas and Delta/Thor launches, visiting Boeing and Grumman and lots of other companies chasing up prints sitting in filing cabinets and what-have-you. Unfortunately, I don't know of anybody who has made a similar effort to collect Titan shots, or Redstone, for that matter...

You will be happy to learn that Peter has now embarked on a Titan CD - not as extensive as Atlas and Thor/Delta but still very welcomed. Several of us are scheming what his next assignment
should be...........

+Quote Post
mcaplinger
post Feb 15 2010, 03:53 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 497

QUOTE (Guy Parry @ Mar 8 2009, 04:32 PM) *
I will give NSF a try.

Since Clementine was launched from VAFB and wasn't a NASA or commercial launch you may have trouble, but best of luck.

--------------------
Disclaimer: This post is based on public information only. Any opinions are my own.

+Quote Post
Art LeBrun
post Feb 15 2010, 04:08 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 3977

QUOTE (mcaplinger @ Feb 14 2010, 07:53 PM) *
Since Clementine was launched from VAFB and wasn't a NASA or commercial launch you may have trouble, but best of luck.

Interestingly enough there are a good number of quality images of the other Titan 23Gs..............

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:06 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.