Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Mars and Me Blog, Thanks Scott
Floyd
post Apr 16 2012, 11:26 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1102

Scott Maxwell's blog on the first 1100+ days of Spirit and Opportunity (time delayed 5 years) has come to a close. Scott, thanks for bringing us along on that most exciting adventure. You do have the coolest job I know of and I wish you continued success commanding Opportunity and MSL. Keep on doing what you do:

At night, there's a small red light in the sky. On that light lives four hundred pounds of thinking metal sent from Earth. I tell that metal what to do, and it does it.
Scott Maxwell

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nprev
post Apr 16 2012, 11:49 AM
Post #2

Merciless Robot

Group: Admin
Member No.: 602

I can only second that. Scott is a remarkable person who has done many remarkable things...and we are richer as a species thereby.

--------------------
A few will take this knowledge and use this power of a dream realized as a force for change, an impetus for further discovery to make less ancient dreams real.

+Quote Post
yogi
post Sep 12 2014, 08:08 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 7254

QUOTE (nprev @ Apr 16 2012, 09:49 PM) *
I can only second that. Scott is a remarkable person who has done many remarkable things...and we are richer as a species thereby.

Agreed. I had the good fortune to meet Scott and his girlfriend, and they are both absolutely wonderful people.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:23 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.