Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Monograph: Constant-Scale Natural Boundary Mapping, SpringerBrief
chuckclark
post Sep 30 2013, 02:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3967

Pam Clark and I are pleased to announce that the first in-depth treatment on world maps with constant-scale natural boundaries,
Constant-Scale Natural Boundary Mapping to Reveal Global and Cosmic Processes, is now available, click here.

(Amazon has it for 15% less if you've got free shipping with them. Springer shipping is included.)

downloadable front and back matter, chapter synopses and a look inside, is here.

CSNB mapping is a revolutionary approach to visualization that produces maps markedly different from, and yet complementary to, those produced by conventional 2D cartographic and 3D modeling techniques.

116 pages, 53 images, including material from UMSF contributors Phil Stooke and Tayfun Öner.

I haven't seen the electronic version, but in the printed copy, Figures 6.6 and 6.7 need a little brightening, and in Figures 6.8 and 6.9 the exploratory routes are hard to see. I'll post corrected versions on my website, soon as I get a spare moment. My old Mac Mini needs to see the doctor.

Here's the Frontispiece (a bit crisper than in softcover):
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil Stooke
post Sep 30 2013, 10:28 PM
Post #2

Solar System Cartographer

Group: Members
Member No.: 227

It looks great, Chuck!

Phil

--------------------
... because the Solar System ain't gonna map itself.

Also to be found posting similar content on https://mastodon.social/@PhilStooke
NOTE: everything created by me which I post on UMSF is considered to be in the public domain (NOT CC, public domain)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:35 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.