Reply to this topicStart new topic
Member Questions to Administrators, Matters related to the Forum
nprev
post Jul 14 2015, 01:17 AM
Post #61

Merciless Robot

Group: Admin
Member No.: 602

Huh. No worries, but I'm confused. When I select "Compose New Message" I get this, with a field below the recipient bar for CCs:

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
A few will take this knowledge and use this power of a dream realized as a force for change, an impetus for further discovery to make less ancient dreams real.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tom Tamlyn
post Jul 14 2015, 01:34 AM
Post #62

Group: Members
Member No.: 424

Yeah, I've seen such a cc box on other boards, but not here. I've looked through my old PMs, including ones involving a meet-up in NYC in 2008, and don't see any with multiple recipients.

Same result with current versions of Chrome & Firefox for Mac. Although I am running an older version of Mac OS, 10.6.8.

Ugh, I hope it doesn't come down to an OS specific quirk.

+Quote Post
hendric
post Jul 14 2015, 01:36 AM
Post #63

Director of Galilean Photography

Member No.: 93

I also don't see multiple recipients enabled as an option. Nick, perhaps being a moderator grants you super powers?

--------------------
Space Enthusiast Richard Hendricks
--
"The engineers, as usual, made a tremendous fuss. Again as usual, they did the job in half the time they had dismissed as being absolutely impossible." --Rescue Party, Arthur C Clarke
Mother Nature is the final inspector of all quality.

+Quote Post
nprev
post Jul 14 2015, 02:12 AM
Post #64

Merciless Robot

Yeah, I thought about that--I don't know. Hopefully a more knowledgable admin or mod will chime in here.

--------------------
A few will take this knowledge and use this power of a dream realized as a force for change, an impetus for further discovery to make less ancient dreams real.

+Quote Post
ElkGroveDan
post Jul 14 2015, 03:35 AM
Post #65

Member No.: 197

QUOTE (hendric @ Jul 13 2015, 06:36 PM) *
I also don't see multiple recipients enabled as an option. Nick, perhaps being a moderator grants you super powers?

Something like that. We'll discuss it in the backroom after the Pluto encounter and get back to y'all.

--------------------
If Occam had heard my theory, things would be very different now.

+Quote Post
stevesliva
post Jul 14 2015, 05:19 AM
Post #66

Member No.: 530

It's likely a spam-limiting option.

+Quote Post
Michal
post Jul 16 2015, 10:13 PM
Post #67

Member No.: 7571

Hi,

I am a new member of the forum and joined to be able to share with the members an open-source software that was created by AMNH in collaboration with NASA JPL and Linkoping University.
The capabilities of our open-source software really ties in with what is discussed and created in this thread (and more):

http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/index.p...7986&st=645

As it is an open-source software that is 100% free to use I wasn't sure whether or not it violates 6.1 of Rules and Guidelines - "Blatant advertising on the Forum is not permitted..."

We really want to share what we have with the members here as we have been frequently been visiting many of the threads in hope of broadening our visualization, but, I want to make sure we follow the rules of the forum before we put up any links.
Mainly, the idea is to make our software available to as many people as possible and by doing so - to spread the science of unmanned missions and promote the engineering effort that goes in to that - and as one of the developers I really hope to get some feedback from the members of this forum.

So the question is: can I respond in that thread or do I create a new one? If it is opensource and related to mapping of pluto / charon - is it a violation of rule 6.1 still?

+Quote Post
nprev
post Jul 17 2015, 12:39 AM
Post #68

Merciless Robot

Hi, Michal. Thanks for asking in accordance with our rules for this sort of thing. Feel free to create a topic for your software in our Books And Products section. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_ferranglez_*
post Oct 29 2015, 09:28 AM
Post #69

Guests

Hello,

Could I have my account completely deleted?

Thank you for everything!

+Quote Post
centsworth_II
post Oct 29 2015, 03:12 PM
Post #70

Member No.: 132

laugh.gif Welcome to UMSF. Great first post!

+Quote Post
pandaneko
post May 6 2016, 05:28 AM
Post #71

Member No.: 5323

I am right now translating JAXA's November 2015 report on Akatsuki.

Usually, I do not have problems with saying which bits and pieces I am translating on a particular
page. However, there are occasionally times when I find it difficult to verbally explain where I am
translating, because contents are complex in layout.

In translating I normally copy the whole page using "Skitch" and copy it on to a fresh WORD page and start
translation.

However, sometimes it may be convenient for me and readers alike, if I place arrows with numbers
on the skitched page and do translation agains these numbers.

However, the size of pasted page may be viewd by you as too heavy. For instance, page-8 of the said report
with a skitch C&P is approx. 3.3 MB, while without it is only 4KB.

My question is therefore, are we allowed to send up (not constantly, of course) heavy pages like that?

Of course, the pasted content may disappear on the way up, I do not know, as I have not tried it before.

Grateful for comments.

Thak you. Pandaneko

+Quote Post
pandaneko
post May 6 2016, 11:33 PM
Post #72

QUOTE (pandaneko @ May 6 2016, 02:28 PM) *
I am right now translating JAXA's November 2015 report on Akatsuki.

Usually, I do not have problems with saying which bits and pieces I am translating on a particular
page. However, there are occasionally times when I find it difficult to verbally explain where I am
translating, because contents are complex in layout.

In translating I normally copy the whole page using "Skitch" and copy it on to a fresh WORD page and start
translation.

However, sometimes it may be convenient for me and readers alike, if I place arrows with numbers
on the skitched page and do translation agains these numbers.

However, the size of pasted page may be viewd by you as too heavy. For instance, page-8 of the said report
with a skitch C&P is approx. 3.3 MB, while without it is only 4KB.

My question is therefore, are we allowed to send up (not constantly, of course) heavy pages like that?

Of course, the pasted content may disappear on the way up, I do not know, as I have not tried it before.

Grateful for comments.

Thak you. Pandaneko

Dear admin

I am withdrwaing this question for three reasons.

1. It is too large.
2. There mus be automatic rejection.
3. Software imcompatibility is likely to lead to, in any event, rejection of pased components.

Apologies for the noise!

P

+Quote Post
elakdawalla
post May 6 2016, 11:54 PM
Post #73

Administrator

Member No.: 454

Pandaneko, you might try taking a screen capture; or printing it to a PDF; but if these do not work, you can email them to me (blog at planetary dot org) and I can reduce their file size so they will not be heavy for people. Thanks for your work.

--------------------
My website - My Patreon - @elakdawalla on Twitter - Please support unmannedspaceflight.com by donating here.

+Quote Post
pandaneko
post May 7 2016, 02:25 AM
Post #74

QUOTE (elakdawalla @ May 7 2016, 08:54 AM) *
Pandaneko, you might try taking a screen capture; or printing it to a PDF; but if these do not work, you can email them to me (blog at planetary dot org) and I can reduce their file size so they will not be heavy for people. Thanks for your work.

Thank you for your offer. I am terribly bad at IT skills. I will try to be more descriptive, as
I have done with this problematic page. Thank you.

P

+Quote Post
titanicrivers
post Feb 9 2017, 04:49 PM
Post #75

Member No.: 4081

Admin question?
Are meeting abstracts (published on meeting website of LPSC 2017 for example) off limits to post links to before the meeting? Just wondering why my last Titan post was taken down and sorry if it's plainly stated in the rules.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:47 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.