Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
CIVA raw data available yet?
Herobrine
post Dec 11 2017, 01:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7408

So, I've been away from this forum for well over a year after being so offended by the attitude of a scientist (not from this mission) that any interest I had in spending my unpaid time working with spacecraft data was killed.
However, I was wondering if now, more than 2 years after the CIVA instrument team was required to deliver all data to ESA, does anyone know if that raw data has been made publicly available anywhere yet? Or if it has even been turned over to ESA yet? I haven't been able to find it. Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gerald
post Dec 11 2017, 09:18 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6780

The ESA PSA says:
CIVA
No public data available yet

When you connect via FTP, there is no CIVA subdirectory (unless I overlooked it).
The Rosetta people are working on the data, of course.

You might get more information directly from the Rosetta team on according conferences.

+Quote Post
Stefan
post Feb 23 2018, 09:59 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1364

Note that the particular page you are referring to seems not up-to-date. For example, the ROLIS data are now available.

+Quote Post
Gerald
post Feb 23 2018, 01:24 PM
Post #4

Thanks! Yes. Fortunately, the provided anonymous FTP login provided on the site seems to be still correct.
CODE
ftp://psa.esac.esa.int/pub/mirror/INTERNATIONAL-ROSETTA-MISSION

When you are logged in, choose the subdirectory of your choice.
However, the CIVA subdirectory still seems to be empty.

+Quote Post
Herobrine
post Aug 10 2018, 08:22 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 7408

Well, I think it has now been about 3 years since the CIVA instrument team was required to hand over all of its data to ESA, and I see that there's still absolutely no CIVA data in PSA (not even pre-flight calibration data, unless I missed it). Anyone know who I need to get in touch with to find out why this data isn't released yet or who I need to poke to get this stuff released? I don't even know who to blame. I tend to assume the instrument team just hasn't handed the data over, but I can't rule out the possibility that they have and ESA just never published it anywhere.

At this point, I think it's been long enough to say that if the data hasn't been released yet, that it's never going to be unless someone makes a fuss about it.

+Quote Post
Gerald
post Aug 11 2018, 03:58 AM
Post #6

You'll find a list of Rosetta team members here.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:03 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.