Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dione
Guest_BruceMoomaw_*
post Dec 24 2004, 03:39 AM
Post #61

Guests

Cryptic comment from the latest Cassini status report: "The revised Mission Sequence Subsystem (MSS) D11 baseline plan, based on the final set of Engineering Change Requests (ECR), was presented at the Ground Software Monthly Management Review. There is one more likely ECR to be submitted for D11 addressing a data loss issue that arose in S06." Is this a reference to the data losses that Jason mentions during the Dione flyby?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DEChengst
post Dec 30 2004, 12:55 PM
Post #62

Group: Members
Member No.: 133

QUOTE (djellison @ Dec 15 2004, 04:32 PM)
I just set the f.o.v. of the lens to be 1 degree (I'm not sure what it actually is)

I also used PTGUI to make a Dione mosaic. The FOV for the narrow angle camera is 0.35 degrees and the focal length is 2000mm. Using these settings produces great results with PTGUI:

http://paranoid.dechengst.nl/saturn/Dione1.jpg

--------------------
PDP, VAX and Alpha fanatic ; HP-Compaq is the Satan! ; Let us pray daily while facing Maynard! ; Life starts at 150 km/h ;

+Quote Post
Bjorn Jonsson
post Jan 15 2005, 01:32 PM
Post #63

IMG to PNG GOD

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 38

I have now finally finished doing a preliminary cylindrical map of Dione by adding some Tb images to a Voyager based map. I compensated only crudely for illumination so there are some obvious seams. Also it was somewhat difficult to reverse engineer the viewing geometry due to the low resolution of most of the original Voyager map and the fact that the distances given on the Cassini raw image page are incorrect. Apparently they apply to the trajectory planned before it was decided to double the Iapetus flyby distance. Other distances there are incorrect as well (e.g. the Iapetus images).

This means that the map of Cassini images has some visible mismatches between individual images.

I do not plan to do any high(er) quality seamless maps until I get PDS formatted raw images.

The map can be seen here:
http://www.mmedia.is/bjj/misc/css_stuff/dione_vgr_tb_map.jpg

+Quote Post
Decepticon
post Jan 15 2005, 05:19 PM
Post #64

Member No.: 114

^WOW!

+Quote Post
ilbasso
post Jan 15 2005, 05:34 PM
Post #65

Member No.: 103

^^WOW indeed!

Do I ever feel lucky that I found this forum! Thanks everyone for sharing all your hard work with the rest of us space tourists!

--------------------
Jonathan Ward
Manning the LCC at http://www.apollolaunchcontrol.com

+Quote Post
tedstryk
post Jan 15 2005, 06:20 PM
Post #66

Interplanetary Dumpster Diver

Group: Admin
Member No.: 33

Great work!

--------------------

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:45 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.