IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
What to do after the closure of Midnight Mars Browser?
nogal
post Oct 15 2020, 03:54 PM
Post #46

Group: Members
Member No.: 4824

QUOTE (djellison @ Oct 15 2020, 04:36 PM) *
Those thumbnails are not part of the JSON feeds
Another challenge! By the way, I couldn't reproduce the bug you've mentioned. It worked for all the days you pointed out and a few extra on either end of the interval. Perhaps it is related to the slowness of the loading? I'll make it more obvious in the tool when it is loading. Thanks
Fernando
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fredk
post Oct 28 2020, 11:47 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 152

I've been parsing the MSL json files into html and thought I'd make the pages public in case anyone finds them useful. My pages are static html so there's no selecting cameras, changing sort orders, autoload scrolling, etc. It's inspired more by the linear style of the old curiosityrover.com than MMB, Fernando's page, or www.mars-browser.co.uk/curiosity.

The info and pics are straight from the json files and the mars.nasa.gov/msl-raw-images server with two exceptions. First I calculate the pointing according to mcaplinger's suggestion in this post. I haven't tested this much so let me know if you notice any problems.

The second is that I deBayer the Bayered mastcam frames automatically as they arrive. Due to the chroma subsampling I do you shouldn't take the colours too literally, and there are lots of crosshatch artifacts, so these images are only meant to give a rough sense of the scene.

On my site there's the "latest images" page located here: http://lcdm.ca/msl/. This checks for updates every half hour and adds any new images to the top, chronologically by time taken. After updates I use this by scrolling and paging down until I see image links change to the visited colour, which makes it very easy to keep up and not miss any new images, even if they're from old sols.

There are also individual sol pages, eg: http://lcdm.ca/msl/2924/ (going back to sol 2714). These are always ordered by time taken.

More details on this page.

If anyone has any suggestions hopefully I'll have time to implement them (within the limitations of static html), so let me know.

+Quote Post
PaulH51
post Yesterday, 02:37 AM
Post #48

Member No.: 6853

Viewed on my Mobile phone and impressed smile.gif Looking forward to seeing it in action on my home PC when my covid travel restriction order is supposed to be lifted in 11 days 😊

+Quote Post
fredk
post Yesterday, 02:33 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 152

Thanks, Paul. Sorry my site's not small-screen friendly. Maybe now that we're moving again on Mars that'll relieve your earthbound status a bit?

+Quote Post
nogal
post Today, 12:42 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 4824

QUOTE (fredk @ Oct 29 2020, 12:47 AM) *
... thought I'd make the pages public in case anyone finds them useful.

Thank you for sharing this. Fast, straight and simple! Definitely useful. CheersFernando

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th October 2020 - 02:01 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is a project of the Planetary Society and is funded by donations from visitors and members. Help keep this forum up and running by contributing here.