Reply to this topicStart new topic
HiRISE DEM Viewing Tool, commercial product
djellison
post Aug 31 2011, 12:51 AM
Post #1

Founder

Group: Chairman
Member No.: 1

Kudos to AdamH for asking me first before posting about this, as it's a paid-for product - but I just tried the demo and it's FANTASTIC!!!

https://www.mannedmissions.com/download
(yeah yeah, the URL breaks the forum rules..... sue me wink.gif )

Get it - try the demo - it takes a long time to download that demo dataset, but it's worth it.

I'm pointing Adam in this direction to catch all your feedback!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AdamH
post Aug 31 2011, 01:07 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5892

Thanks much, Doug. I've been a lurker/admirer here for a while and the members of UMSF.com are really my target audience. Bear in mind, it's still in beta, so the terrain may melt, or little green men might take the application hostage. Me and my team of space monkeys have been hammering on it and it seems pretty stable at this point, but if folks give it a shot and encounter any problems, don't hesitate to drop me a line via the message system here or email 'contact AT mannedmissions.com'. If you are kind enough to send some dollars my way, your purchase will be good for upgrades *at least* through the first post-beta release or two.

Oh, and if you have any favorite HiRISE Digital Terrain Models that aren't yet available in the engine, let me know and I'll get them ready to roll ASAP.

Okay, now back to optimizing.

--------------------
Software developer for NASA NPP. And I make things to amuse myself: Gale Crater mini-game

+Quote Post
vikingmars
post Aug 31 2011, 02:04 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 172

QUOTE (AdamH @ Aug 31 2011, 03:07 AM) *
Thanks much, Doug. I've been a lurker/admirer here for a while and the members of UMSF.com are really my target audience.

Dear Adam, it seems to be great. Please, could you tell us what is the price for "unlocking" the engine ? (not seen on your demo website). Thanks in advance smile.gif

+Quote Post
djellison
post Aug 31 2011, 02:11 PM
Post #4

Founder

It's right there in big bright blue letters on the page I linked to. You would have to click that link with your eyes actually closed to not see it.

+Quote Post
AdamH
post Aug 31 2011, 02:35 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (djellison @ Aug 31 2011, 02:11 PM) *
It's right there in big bright blue letters on the page I linked to. You would have to click that link with your eyes actually closed to not see it.

In fairness, I am *not* a graphic design expert, so critiques of the web site may be entirely justified!

--------------------
Software developer for NASA NPP. And I make things to amuse myself: Gale Crater mini-game

+Quote Post
hendric
post Aug 31 2011, 03:00 PM
Post #6

Director of Galilean Photography

Member No.: 93

Just bought a license, now to actually find time to play with it!

--------------------
Space Enthusiast Richard Hendricks
--
"The engineers, as usual, made a tremendous fuss. Again as usual, they did the job in half the time they had dismissed as being absolutely impossible." --Rescue Party, Arthur C Clarke
Mother Nature is the final inspector of all quality.

+Quote Post
AdamH
post Aug 31 2011, 03:15 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (hendric @ Aug 31 2011, 03:00 PM) *
Just bought a license, now to actually find time to play with it!

Thanks! You have my permission to take time off work/school/everything else to get lost on Mars.

--------------------

+Quote Post
vikingmars
post Aug 31 2011, 03:27 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 172

QUOTE (djellison @ Aug 31 2011, 04:11 PM) *
Thanks Doug : I'm abroad and I'm provided with an IE#6 version... It is the navigator blocking them. When printing as a "pdf" file the "blue letters" are shown ! smile.gif
Attached File  __www.mannedmissions.com_download.pdf ( 40.32K ) Number of downloads: 307

+Quote Post
djellison
post Aug 31 2011, 03:38 PM
Post #9

Founder

QUOTE (vikingmars @ Aug 31 2011, 08:27 AM) *
IE#6 version

Well - that's like browsing with your eyes closed anyway.

+Quote Post
AdamH
post Aug 31 2011, 03:38 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (vikingmars @ Aug 31 2011, 03:27 PM) *
Thanks Doug : I'm abroad and I'm provided with an IE#6 version... It is the navigator blocking them. When printing as a "pdf" file the "blue letters" are shown ! smile.gif
Attached File  __www.mannedmissions.com_download.pdf ( 40.32K ) Number of downloads: 307

Thanks for letting me know. My testing resources are limited, but now that I'm aware I'll see if I can't do a fix for IE6. If you have difficulty with purchasing please shoot me a message.

--------------------

+Quote Post
helvick
post Sep 1 2011, 06:20 AM
Post #11

Dublin Correspondent

Group: Admin
Member No.: 220

Wow. This is the sort of interactive "Explore other worlds" application I've been dreaming of for years.

And I dunno about anyone else but I'm always game to pay for the privilege of helping to keep some space code monkeys employed to do work like this. smile.gif

+Quote Post
AdamH
post Sep 1 2011, 11:44 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (helvick @ Sep 1 2011, 06:20 AM) *
Wow. This is the sort of interactive "Explore other worlds" application I've been dreaming of for years.

And I dunno about anyone else but I'm always game to pay for the privilege of helping to keep some space code monkeys employed to do work like this. smile.gif

It's comments like that that keep the space monkeys coding. Well, the Earth dollars don't hurt, either. Thanks, helvick!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:17 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.