Reply to this topicStart new topic
STEREO in 3D, Coming April 23
SigurRosFan
post Apr 23 2007, 10:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 471

-----
On April 23, NASA will unveil 3-D images of the sun from NASA's Solar TErrestrial RElations Observatory (STEREO) on the web, television and museums across the country.
-----

- http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/stereo/main/index.html

--------------------
- blue_scape / Nico -
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Sunspot_*
post Apr 24 2007, 09:42 AM
Post #2

Guests

The images and videos are up, maybe I need some better 3D glasses as I can't see a great deal of 3D effect in some of the images.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/stereo/n...eo3D_press.html

+Quote Post
edstrick
post Apr 25 2007, 09:05 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 174

"...I can't see a great deal of 3D effect in some of the images."

The stereoscopic angle between the two spacecraft is only just above a "minimally useful" level and will steadily increase with time. "high relief" structures like major coronal features should show the most effect currently. At the end of the primary mission, the angle will be so large normal stereoscopy will be difficult.

For the some 10% of the population who's stereo-bline (like me), it's irrelevant. We cannot fuse stereeo pairs. I'm still enthusiastic about the mission, though!

+Quote Post
um3k
post Apr 25 2007, 03:51 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 372

Would anyone like a X-eyed view of some of the videos? I figured out a way to do it with the quicktime files, still working on the other formats.

+Quote Post
Guest_Sunspot_*
post May 27 2007, 07:22 PM
Post #5

Guests

http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/pickoftheweek/

More from STEREO, on the SOHO website of all places.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:11 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.