IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Tribute to MGS ..., a small Gallery of Colored MOC Images
Nirgal
post Apr 17 2007, 09:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 223

Here is a small Gallery of colored MOC images as a tribute to the phantastic Voyage of the MGS spacecraft for bringing home such visions of an alien, frozen world made of red dust and black dunes smile.gif

E0101076

E0101132

M0100220

M2101642

PIA08757

M2001664
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Ant103
post Apr 18 2007, 08:00 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 678

In French? Okay biggrin.gif

C'est magnifique, merveilleux, le couleurs sont vraiment délicieuses. Les paysages sont grandioses.

Un grand bravo! Quel hommage smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nirgal
post Apr 19 2007, 09:10 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 223

QUOTE (Ant103 @ Apr 18 2007, 10:00 PM) *
In French? Okay biggrin.gif

C'est magnifique, merveilleux, le couleurs sont vraiment délicieuses. Les paysages sont grandioses.

Un grand bravo! Quel hommage smile.gif

In Korean for Nirgal: hwansanchogida!!!

Merci Beaucoup et 고마와요 smile.gif smile.gif

No idea how you DO that, just glad you do.

I'm curious to see how you do to process this pictures

Well actually there is no single recipe for how I do the processing of the images.
This is because the problem of coloring a single-channel b/w image is, unfortunately, an inherently "ill posed" task that does not have a unique solution (obviously because for each grey tone (luma component) there are many different possible color values (chroma component).
So, basically, what I'm trying to do is to work with many pre-chosen palettes of color hues collected
from "real" true color composite photographs of areas with similar surface composition etc.
and try to assign color hue ranges to grey-scale ranges.
However, this process involves a great part of guessing, tweaking, trial and error and last not least
the support of a collection of special software tools that I wrote (partly for fun when trying to
play with new image processing algorithms based on neural networks and various 3D color space transformations ) for example special adaptive brushes that help me with fine-selecting & masking parts of
the images by automatically following contoures/edges and so on.

All in all its tedious but geat fun and relxation to work with those colors & images: it always reminds me of the joy I had as a child when coloring pictures in the painting book smile.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:32 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.