IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Unmanned Spacecraft Launch Site Facilities.
BYEMAN
post Mar 29 2016, 04:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7125

http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/index.php?showtopic=8180

I started the above thread because I was looking for data specific to Pioneer 10 & 11. But my search for data encompasses all NASA launched unmanned spacecraft.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BYEMAN
post Mar 29 2016, 04:53 PM
Post #2

Here is one of my sources. The launch rate is unbelievable.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  NASA_CCAFS_Facility_Schedules_1967_1969_copy.pdf ( 839.3K ) Number of downloads: 786

+Quote Post
mcaplinger
post Mar 29 2016, 06:04 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 497

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but I think you'd be more likely to find it at http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/

All the NASA missions I've worked on (except perhaps for Mars Observer, I can't remember) have delivered their hardware directly to PHSF or SAEF-2 (or Astrotech).

--------------------
Disclaimer: This post is based on public information only. Any opinions are my own.

+Quote Post
BYEMAN
post Mar 29 2016, 06:59 PM
Post #4

I am active on that forum and know that it wouldn't much more help. Too much of a SpaceX and SLS/Shuttle crowd.

+Quote Post
nprev
post Mar 30 2016, 02:17 AM
Post #5

Merciless Robot

Group: Admin
Member No.: 602

Re P10 & 11 at least, you might want to contact the NASA Ames history office. I'm sure that a Google search will provide full contact info for them and any other projects of interest to you.

--------------------
A few will take this knowledge and use this power of a dream realized as a force for change, an impetus for further discovery to make less ancient dreams real.

+Quote Post
mcaplinger
post Mar 30 2016, 02:36 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 497

Again, I'm not really sure what you're trying to learn in general. I'm sure you're aware of the series "Chronology of KSC and KSC-Related Events" that can be found on NTRS. It varies widely in level of detail but, for example, from the 1992 issue we learn that Mars Observer was initially delivered to Hangar AO in June 1992, moved to PHSF in July, and then went out to LC40 in August. It got contaminated by particulates during the passage of Hurricane Andrew in late August and had to be taken back to PHSF to be cleaned (that was a lot of fun, I can assure you) and then it was taken back out to LC40 and launched on September 25.

--------------------
Disclaimer: This post is based on public information only. Any opinions are my own.

+Quote Post
Gerald
post Mar 30 2016, 10:30 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 6780

If you intend to go back to the roots, you might be interested in visiting the Historical Technical Museum in Peenemünde:
http://www.peenemuende.de/en/gallery/
Part of the rocket and space technology was developped at Peenemünde in the early 1940s, and some of the technical staff of the US space program came from there after WWII.
The location of the actual launch facilities (late 1930s, and early 1940s) on a small island in the Baltic See, however, isn't (easily) accessible for the public, in general.

+Quote Post
BYEMAN
post Mar 31 2016, 08:32 PM
Post #8

Here is my work so far.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  PPF_1.xlsx.pdf ( 89.35K ) Number of downloads: 750

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:51 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.