Reply to this topicStart new topic
Simulated Hirise View Of Opportunity
djellison
post May 18 2005, 04:30 PM
Post #1

Founder

Group: Chairman
Member No.: 1

Using that BnW 20x20metre image they released of Oppy in its current 'situation' - and the colour self portrait from 100 sols ago or so... I made a preview of what Oppy might look like today to HiRise..

Cool eh smile.gif I've blown it up 500% from being at 33cm/pixel - but thats what the resolution is per blown-up-pixel...33cm a go.

As a comparison - here is a simulated CPROTO image from MGS - at 1.5m/pixel horez, and 0.5m/pixel down track..

A WORLD of difference smile.gif

Doug
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jamescanvin
post May 19 2005, 12:11 AM
Post #2

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 16

QUOTE (djellison @ May 19 2005, 02:30 AM)
Using that BnW 20x20metre image they released of Oppy in its current 'situation' - and the colour self portrait from 100 sols ago or so... I made a preview of what Oppy might look like today to HiRise..

Wow, can't wait for the real thing smile.gif

Here's hoping that MRO doen't get to take this picture of Oppy in her current situation! unsure.gif

James

--------------------
Twitter
Please support unmannedspaceflight.com by donating here

+Quote Post
hendric
post Oct 6 2006, 04:57 AM
Post #3

Director of Galilean Photography

Group: Members
Member No.: 93

Hey doug,
Can you try projecting a late-afternoon shadow onto that photo? For example, one made when the shadow is about 3-4 times as long as MER? I bet that's what they're going to show today...

--------------------
Space Enthusiast Richard Hendricks
--
"The engineers, as usual, made a tremendous fuss. Again as usual, they did the job in half the time they had dismissed as being absolutely impossible." --Rescue Party, Arthur C Clarke
Mother Nature is the final inspector of all quality.

+Quote Post
Lorne Ipsum
post Oct 6 2006, 04:27 PM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 1151

QUOTE (hendric @ Oct 5 2006, 10:57 PM) *
Hey doug,
Can you try projecting a late-afternoon shadow onto that photo? For example, one made when the shadow is about 3-4 times as long as MER? I bet that's what they're going to show today...

Nope, what you want to see is right here:

http://hiroc.lpl.arizona.edu/images/TRA/TR...pportunity.html

The rover is easily spotted, as are the shadow of its camera mast and the tracks the rover has made recently.

Lorne

--------------------
Lorne Ipsum, Chief Geek
Geek Counterpoint blog & podcast

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:54 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.