IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Adam Steltzner Talk on Curiosity in NYC, April 29, Joe's Pub, 425 Lafayette Street
Tom Tamlyn
post Apr 27 2013, 04:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 424

This Monday, April 29, Adam Steltzner and Burkhard Bilger are giving a talk sponsored by the New Yorker on the Curiosity mission at Joe’s Pub (425 Lafayette Street) in New York City. Bilger is the author of the excellent New Yorker article on Curiosity that I posted about on Thursday.

Sign-up for the free tickets is closed, although “[a] small number of tickets of will be available at the door fifteen minutes before start time” [7:00 pm].

For ticket-holders there’s also a pre-event reception starting at 5:30, which (if Stelzner is there) could be the highlight of the evening.

I was lucky enough to nab a pair of tickets in the brief window of availability.

If anyone else from UMSF is going to be there, please let me know by PM.

Also, I can bring one other person. If you’re interested, send me a PM. Note that I'll need to send your name to the organizers, and won’t be able to substitute a different guest later (names apparently will be checked). So please make sure that you’re reasonably certain to be able to attend.

TTT

Edit: corrected start time
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tom Tamlyn
post Apr 29 2013, 03:57 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 424

No taker as yet. Starting around 1:30, I'll be away from the internet for the rest of the afternoon.

QUOTE (Tom Tamlyn @ Apr 27 2013, 11:28 AM) *
This Monday, April 29, Adam Steltzner and Burkhard Bilger are giving a talk sponsored by the New Yorker on the Curiosity mission at Joe’s Pub (425 Lafayette Street) in New York City. Bilger is the author of the excellent New Yorker article on Curiosity that I posted about on Thursday.

Sign-up for the free tickets is closed, although “[a] small number of tickets of will be available at the door fifteen minutes before start time” [7:00 pm].

For ticket-holders there’s also a pre-event reception starting at 5:30, which (if Stelzner is there) could be the highlight of the evening.

I was lucky enough to nab a pair of tickets in the brief window of availability.

If anyone else from UMSF is going to be there, please let me know by PM.

Also, I can bring one other person. If you’re interested, send me a PM. Note that I'll need to send your name to the organizers, and won’t be able to substitute a different guest later (names apparently will be checked). So please make sure that you’re reasonably certain to be able to attend.

TTT

Edit: corrected start time

+Quote Post
DEChengst
post May 10 2013, 04:35 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 133

A video has been put up:

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/news...red-planet.html

--------------------
PDP, VAX and Alpha fanatic ; HP-Compaq is the Satan! ; Let us pray daily while facing Maynard! ; Life starts at 150 km/h ;

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:39 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.