IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
No russian spaceship to the Moon until 2027 ...
Guest_Zvezdichko_*
post Aug 31 2007, 07:27 PM
Post #1

Guests

according to the last information at roscosmos.ru

Russia now officially targeting 2027 for her first manned mission to the moon surface sad.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
climber
post Aug 31 2007, 07:43 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 682

QUOTE (Zvezdichko @ Aug 31 2007, 09:27 PM) *
according to the last information at roscosmos.ru

Russia now officially targeting 2027 for her first manned mission to the moon surface sad.gif

Still ahead of ... the Fidjian blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
dvandorn
post Aug 31 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 15

At the rate this is going, the Dutchy of Grand Fenwick will be the next sovereign nation to land humans on the Moon... sad.gif

-the other Doug

--------------------
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” -Mark Twain

+Quote Post
nprev
post Sep 1 2007, 12:52 AM
Post #4

Merciless Robot

Group: Admin
Member No.: 602

Heh, heh...nice reference! From the novel, IIRC: "Great Godfrey! A six-story El Russo cigar!..."

Not good news, though. Still, think that China or Japan might just surprise us....we should at least see a return to the Moon in our lifetimes, but frankly I've about given up on Mars... mad.gif sad.gif

--------------------
A few will take this knowledge and use this power of a dream realized as a force for change, an impetus for further discovery to make less ancient dreams real.

+Quote Post
Phil Stooke
post Sep 1 2007, 01:10 AM
Post #5

Solar System Cartographer

Member No.: 227

It's not clear to me that this is anything but an expression of interest in such a mission. Is there anything to suggest that the program is supported in the Kremlin? Or funded in any way? There is a history here of promoting ideas that never go on to attract support and funding.

Phil

--------------------
... because the Solar System ain't gonna map itself.

Also to be found posting similar content on https://mastodon.social/@PhilStooke
NOTE: everything created by me which I post on UMSF is considered to be in the public domain (NOT CC, public domain)

+Quote Post
ElkGroveDan
post Sep 1 2007, 01:37 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 197

One fine Saturday afternoon in April 2027:

Russian craft you are cleared for touchdown on Landing Pad 5D. Welcome to the Rutan City Lunar Landing Port. Remember to cut your thrusters when you see the flashing red cutoff light on landing tower 44.

Please direct your personnel to disembark at 13:34:15. A shuttle rover will take you to the Branson Hyatt where we have arranged for VIP accommodations. You are also invited to dine this evening as the honored guests of Governor Melville.

--------------------
If Occam had heard my theory, things would be very different now.

+Quote Post
nprev
post Sep 1 2007, 05:06 AM
Post #7

Merciless Robot

Heh, heh...like it, EGD!

Not to drop names, but I actually saw Richard Branson up close a few weeks ago @ LAX; he was in a hurry, obviously not in a mood to chat. If I get a more favorable face-time opportunity in the future, definitely gonna pitch "Virgin Luna" to him! smile.gif

--------------------
A few will take this knowledge and use this power of a dream realized as a force for change, an impetus for further discovery to make less ancient dreams real.

+Quote Post
edstrick
post Sep 1 2007, 07:02 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 174

......But what about the Bobolinks?......

+Quote Post
ustrax
post Sep 2 2007, 04:49 PM
Post #9

Special Cookie

Member No.: 228

QUOTE (Zvezdichko @ Aug 31 2007, 08:27 PM) *

Portuguese WILL do it better... tongue.gif

--------------------
"Ride, boldly ride," The shade replied, "If you seek for Eldorado!"
Edgar Alan Poe

+Quote Post
nprev
post Sep 2 2007, 06:09 PM
Post #10

Merciless Robot

I believe it! smile.gif You got a scoop for us, ustrax? wink.gif

Seriously though, the 800-lbs. gorilla in the room for all this is the fact that nobody has yet devised a cost-effective and reliable way to boost into LEO. Going to the Moon isn't that demanding in terms of delta-V; the hard part is getting off the ground.

Just for fun the other day (okay, honesty...in order to delay working on my @#$% thesis) I surfed the Delta IV heavy. Was amazed to learn that the RS-68 used on it is the first newly developed liquid-fueled engine in the US of this class since the Space Shuttle main engines!!! mad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AndyG
post Sep 3 2007, 09:42 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 279

2027? SpaceDaily says 2025.

Mind you, they also say:

The only moon landing in history is NASA's Apollo expedition in 1968.

Which has to be one of the worst quotes I've ever seen in an supposedly reputable news release.

Andy

+Quote Post
Phil Stooke
post Sep 3 2007, 11:38 AM
Post #12

Solar System Cartographer

Member No.: 227

I think that was just lifted from another source. But it's a terrible mistake, as you say. The difference in dates comes from the fact that this is not a real funded program, but a mere suggestion.

Phil

--------------------
... because the Solar System ain't gonna map itself.

Also to be found posting similar content on https://mastodon.social/@PhilStooke
NOTE: everything created by me which I post on UMSF is considered to be in the public domain (NOT CC, public domain)

+Quote Post
dvandorn
post Sep 4 2007, 12:02 AM
Post #13

Member No.: 15

Just for the record, and yes, I'm sure everyone here knows this, but the "correct" way to phrase it would be:

NASA's Apollo program launched seven expeditions with the goal of landing humans on the Moon between July, 1969 and December, 1972. Of these, six succeeded. Two missions each landed on the Moon in 1969, 1971 and 1972. The only mission launched to the Moon in 1970 failed to land.

-the other Doug

--------------------
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” -Mark Twain

+Quote Post
Guest_Zvezdichko_*
post Sep 4 2007, 10:37 AM
Post #14

Guests

Imo Russia now has the capabilities of launching at least Moon orbiting mission. Soyuz was designed as a moon vehicle and it's ready to operate in Moon Orbit. You only need a Proton rocket launching an Earth Departure Stage, a Soyuz launch and that's it.

+Quote Post
Big_Gazza
post Sep 4 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 547

Yep, but two essential resources are sadly lacking: money and political will...

At least in Soviet times they had plenty of the latter if not the former. These days, regardless of a national ecomony flushed with petro-rubles, the Russian program seems to have neither. A sad state of affairs.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:17 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.