Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
MOLA Profile Question
schaffman
post Apr 27 2011, 12:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5246

I want to view along-track MOLA profiles for a feature on Mars. I am able to view topographic profiles using the MOLA gridded data in JMars, but want to know if there's a relatively easy way to generate a profile based on shots along a specific orbit(s). I tried using MOLA PERD at the PDS-Geoscience Node's Orbital Data Explorer, but frankly, didn't understand how to use it. Is there an easier way? Thanks for any help.

Tom
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tesheiner
post Apr 27 2011, 12:49 PM
Post #2

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 253

I remember Emily (Lakdawalla) already worked on this topic and it was actually discussed here at UMSF. She also posted an article about it on her blog at TPS.

+Quote Post
centsworth_II
post Apr 27 2011, 01:02 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 132

Maybe these are the Planetary Society Blog entry and UMSF thread that Tesheiner is referring to.

+Quote Post
schaffman
post Apr 27 2011, 01:03 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 5246

QUOTE (Tesheiner @ Apr 27 2011, 08:49 AM) *
I remember Emily (Lakdawalla) already worked on this topic and it was actually discussed here at UMSF. She also posted an article about it on her blog at TPS.

Okay. I found her discussion of the topic at her blog at TPS. Thanks!

Tom

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:26 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.