IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Voyager I & II - Saturn Encounter Observations - RAW Images, Video sequence from Saturn Data - Locally Archived, PDS Certified.
meryon
post Apr 14 2015, 11:20 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7430

Hi !

For the fun I've created this animation with all RAW images from Saturn volume VGISS_6101 to VGISS_6214 (29023 photos)

Voyager I & II - Saturn Encounter Observations - RAW Images

I downloaded this from this page :

VG ISS Processed Images site : http://pds-rings.seti.org/voyager/iss/calib_images.html

I added image name for each frame.

It was not a very complicated process but it was long :

- download of each archive (138 GB)
- extraction of the archive (tar.gz + tar) very long too...)
- group of the RAW.jpg in once directory with a search files program
- add the name for each file (automatic process but a little complex because the file are not .0001, .0002 but 15641, 15891, etc...)
- creation of the animation

I don't know if it can be useful for you but it can be good to see the mission under this aspect.

I hope you will enjoy this.

You can find the same animation for Jupiter here : Voyager I & II - Jupiter Encounter Observations - RAW Images

Uranus and Neptune are coming. smile.gif

Thanks !
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tedstryk
post Apr 14 2015, 10:02 PM
Post #2

Interplanetary Dumpster Diver

Group: Admin
Member No.: 33

Thanks so much for sharing! Amazing to see the scan platform on Voyager 2 seize up around 16:15 in this fashion.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Malmer
post Apr 15 2015, 07:50 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 468

It clearly shows the videocon tubes fluctuating distortion based on the brightness of the imaged target.

+Quote Post
Exploitcorporati...
post Apr 24 2015, 11:02 AM
Post #4

SewingMachine

Member No.: 510

Fascinating. The jump and stutter gives it a spooky sort of silent film quality.

--------------------
...if you don't like my melody, i'll sing it in a major key, i'll sing it very happily. heavens! everybody's all aboard? let's take it back to that minor chord...

Exploitcorporations on Flickr (in progress) : https://www.flickr.com/photos/135024395@N07/

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:43 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.