Closed TopicStart new topic
Board Upgrade
djellison
post Sep 16 2007, 02:11 PM
Post #1

Founder

Group: Chairman
Member No.: 1

Later today (or possibly one evening this week) - I'll be upgrading to Invision Board 2.3

The board will get switched off - the new content uploaded - and then an upgrade actioned - which should be a few hours at most. If you see the board acting strange during this period - don't email me - and don't try and post to the forum once the upgrade has started until you see this thread updated with news that the upgrade is complete.

In the event of emergency - we have the UMSF lifeboat here : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/unmannedspaceflight/

If the proverbial has hit the fan - I'll post about it there.

Fingers crossed smile.gif

Doug
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
djellison
post Sep 16 2007, 04:23 PM
Post #2

Founder

The upgrade is basically done - obviously there will need to be some tidying up - logo's etc - but the forum is functional again smile.gif

Doug

+Quote Post
ElkGroveDan
post Sep 16 2007, 04:28 PM
Post #3

Group: Admin
Member No.: 197

Congratulations - a thing like that takes a lot of courage...but I guess it's not your first time.

--------------------
If Occam had heard my theory, things would be very different now.

+Quote Post
djellison
post Sep 16 2007, 05:22 PM
Post #4

Founder

You know - the forum's still closed....we could just talk about EVERYONE in here before we open it again smile.gif Oops....too late smile.gif

Damn - too late smile.gif

Doug

+Quote Post
tasp
post Sep 16 2007, 05:33 PM
Post #5

Group: Members
Member No.: 162

Thanks for not providing an anxiety provoking warning of this upgrade, say, oh, about a month ago.

[laugh]

+Quote Post
djellison
post Sep 16 2007, 05:37 PM
Post #6

Founder

Technically - I sort of did : http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/index.p...ost&p=97065 - but I just did it a LOT later than I thought I would back then.

Doug

+Quote Post
Guest_PhilCo126_*
post Sep 16 2007, 05:38 PM
Post #7

Guests

O.K. Well done Doug... as an Data application admin I know that You should never change/upgrade a running system ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
tasp
post Sep 16 2007, 05:51 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 162

No problem. I am fully capable of having a retroactive anxiety attack.

[shudder]

[pulse racing]

[swoon]

+Quote Post
scalbers
post Sep 16 2007, 05:54 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 184

Hello Doug,

Glad to see the forum back. For the past 24 hours or so I haven't been receiving any email updates from a topic I'm tracking. Is this something with my email or with the forum?

While I'm here another question. When I send a PM I would think it would appear in the PM "Sent" folder. However that folder is empty. Is this feature working?

BTW I enjoyed hearing you on Planetary Radio recently...

Thanks,

--------------------
Steve [ my home page and planetary maps page ]

+Quote Post
ugordan
post Sep 16 2007, 06:30 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 523

What do these colored figures by the poster's name represent? They seem to be mostly red, gray for some people and occasionally green/blue. Is that online status or something?

P.S. The "Front Page" is disabled, something about admin settings.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CosmicRocker
post Sep 16 2007, 06:52 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 116

I was also wondering about the colored figures, so I tried to go to the "portal" to see who was online. I got a message telling me that "The portal has not been enabled. Please check your Invision Power Board Admin Settings." Perhaps that was intentional, but I thought I'd mention it. Otherwise everything else seems ok.

--------------------
...Tom

I'm not a Space Fan, I'm a Space Exploration Enthusiast.

+Quote Post
djellison
post Sep 16 2007, 07:58 PM
Post #12

Founder

It's like getting a new version of Office - you suddenly find things that are new, and discover settings that have changed. The portal should be active again now - still got some stuff to figure out and tweak smile.gif

+Quote Post
fredk
post Sep 16 2007, 11:04 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 152

Doug, I'm not able to upload image attachments with the new version. In the little Attachments sub-window I hit "Browse..." to select the file, and then hit the green "UPLOAD" button. (It says I have used 0 bytes of a 1MB limit.) Then the subwindow clears and displays the message "Uploading File...", but nothing further happens.

Could this be a browser issue? I'm using Mozilla 1.7.10.

+Quote Post
ermar
post Sep 16 2007, 11:08 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 605

Also regarding image attachments, it seems like many of them cannot be viewed without logging in - though this might just be me.

+Quote Post
alan
post Sep 16 2007, 11:09 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 110

QUOTE (fredk @ Sep 16 2007, 06:04 PM) *
Doug, I'm not able to upload image attachments with the new version. In the little Attachments sub-window I hit "Browse..." to select the file, and then hit the green "UPLOAD" button. (It says I have used 0 bytes of a 1MB limit.) Then the subwindow clears and displays the message "Uploading File...", but nothing further happens.

Could this be a browser issue? I'm using Mozilla 1.7.10.

Did you click the manage current attachments arrow above the upload button? You need to click on the + at the left to add the attachment to the post.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:19 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.