IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Map projected CTX images ?, How to merge/overlay CTX with map projected HiRISE
Nirgal
post Apr 29 2010, 02:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 223

Does anyone know if/where there are map projected CTX images avilable ?

There are the EDR (i.e. raw) data sets as IMGs at PDS, but so far there seem no RDRs (i.e. calibrated and map projected) versions of the CTX images publicly available (yet?)

However, when I'm looking at the tight CTX image integration in Google Mars it seems that they have the exact footprint data of all CTX images readily to be overlayed with the global Mars/MOLA/HRSC map ...

So somehow the map projection of CTX images/footprints must have been done at least for Google Mars.

Ross Beyer even has a link on his web page to the footprint data of all CTX images as KML files:
http://pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu/~rbeyer/kml/CTX_PDS.kml

So I'm courious, if the complete map projected CTX image data exists somewhere or if it is required to do the projection for each image oneself with the usual ISIS tool chain only ?

Background: what I really want to do is to merge/overlay map projected HiRISE images with their corresponding CTX observation as a kind of "background"-layer ... Ideally this should be performed with pixel-precision which, of course, requires exact map projection from one
camera's space to the other.

Probably this must have been done before, but I couldn't find enough information on this in the ISIS doc & ISIS/GIS community forums.

Thanks in advance for any help !

Bernhard
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 05:09 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.