IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Voyager within Celestia
elchristou
post Jan 28 2007, 01:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1662

Hello to the Unmanned Spaceflight community!

First of all sorry for my bad English (not my native language...)
I'm a not a constant reader of the board, but I'm visiting from time to time.

Because of the existance of this forum (Voyager/Pioneer) I just wanted to let you know the release of a 3D model of Voyager within the Celestia community, model which cost me quite a hard work because of the few documents available on the net. This model is adapted for a 3D real time use, this mean it's not highly detailled (must run on medium config), but still a nice model.

After a quick search I saw that many of you already know Celestia but for those who don't, just a few words; Celestia is a real time 3D visualisation soft. It's purpose is to give people a tool to visualise space in an interactive way, from spacecrafts to DSO. The soft is Opensource and multi platform (Linux, osX, Windows), based on professional catalogues and in constant dev. It is used by many people for educational purpose but also by the big space agency (Nasa/ESA).

More info on Celestia home page: http://shatters.net/celestia/index.html
Forum: http://shatters.net/forum/index.php

Now back to the model:
The trip of this ship was really incredible... a few shots within Celestia:

(Click to enlarge)

Here a link to download the model:
http://www.celestialmatters.org/cm/hosts/h...u/voyager.shtml

Hope you will enjoy it!
Comments are welcome.

Bye.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
nprev
post Jan 29 2007, 01:13 AM
Post #2

Merciless Robot

Group: Admin
Member No.: 602

How beautiful & evocative, EL; thank you! smile.gif

Just out of curiosity, was the magnetometer boom really twisted like that? It almost looks helical in these pics...

--------------------
A few will take this knowledge and use this power of a dream realized as a force for change, an impetus for further discovery to make less ancient dreams real.

+Quote Post
elchristou
post Jan 29 2007, 02:19 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 1662

QUOTE (nprev @ Jan 28 2007, 10:13 PM) *
How beautiful & evocative, EL; thank you! smile.gif

Just out of curiosity, was the magnetometer boom really twisted like that? It almost looks helical in these pics...

Tx and yes the boom was like that... I've tried to show how was (is) the craft with the higher fidelity possible relative to some exigence for the real time rendering and not much documents as reference...

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:02 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.