Cosmos on Hulu, 13 streaming episodes
lyford
post Mar 20 2009, 04:40 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 124

Not sure if our friends across the pond can access this site:

http://www.hulu.com/cosmos

Can't tell if it is the restored version with the new graphics, but - Man oh Man!

EDIT - It appears to be new updated version - including an intro by Ann Druyan!

--------------------
Lyford Rome
"Zis is not nuts, zis is super-nuts!" Mathematician Richard Courant on viewing an Orion test
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stu
post Mar 20 2009, 07:00 AM
Post #2

The Poet Dude

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 60

QUOTE (lyford @ Mar 20 2009, 04:40 AM) *
Not sure if our friends across the pond can access this site:

Nope! sad.gif

But just last week I found, in a local charity shop, the full boxed set of COSMOS on video, and am watching that one episode at a time. Just beautiful. Listening to Sagan describing the beauty of the universe I felt the same sense of wonder I did when I watched it as a kid, when it literally changed my life by making me look up at the stars and feel a part of them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jasedm
post Nov 9 2013, 09:34 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 655

There are plans for an updated version/sequel of the seminal Carl Sagan series of 1980 which I believe are in production, for release early next year. I have scant details of format, but apparently Neil De Grasse Tyson will present.

The original series was for me, (and I'm sure many other umsf members) a very profound influence on my interest in all things Space/astronomy-related.

Astronomy is strangely one of the oldest, but also one of the youngest sciences - we've always looked at the stars and planets, but only recently been able to actually see them properly.

Incidentally, Casey Dreier over at the Planetary Society has been producing some excellent episode-by-episode blog posts regarding the original series which are thoughtfully presented. Carl Sagan's reputation is so huge ( and rightly so) but he he was human (or 'youman' wink.gif ) and some of the errors in the series are noted (Samurai faces on Heike crab shells for instance)

Highly recommended read

+Quote Post
Explorer1
post Nov 9 2013, 09:44 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 5221

Here's the trailer, for those that missed it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBTd9--9VMI

Rather self-explanatory, I hope wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:42 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.