Doug
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lyford
post Feb 20 2005, 01:20 AM
Post #77

Group: Members
Member No.: 124

QUOTE (DEChengst @ Feb 19 2005, 01:34 PM)

I apologize for not passing these on myself - it would have been the next logical thing for me to do - unsure.gif

Didn't want to seem like I was gloating about getting through... rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Lyford Rome
"Zis is not nuts, zis is super-nuts!" Mathematician Richard Courant on viewing an Orion test

+Quote Post
vikingmars
post Feb 20 2005, 09:01 AM
Post #78

Member No.: 172

pancam.gif The server "Index of Mars" was back this morning (at 07:00 am ECT) at all Web addresses listed above (including the old one) !

+Quote Post
cIclops
post Feb 21 2005, 08:32 AM
Post #79

Member No.: 161

Bug report

After downloading images and with the browser sitting idle in slideshow mode, it uses almost all the CPU - seems like some loop. Restarting the browser in slideshow mode does not have this problem.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but a quick search of the topic didn't show it.

Version 1.0
Java 2 1.5.0.10
Win98SE

--------------------

+Quote Post
mhoward
post Feb 21 2005, 12:23 PM
Post #80

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 98

QUOTE (cIclops @ Feb 21 2005, 08:32 AM)
Bug report

After downloading images and with the browser sitting idle in slideshow mode, it uses almost all the CPU - seems like some loop. Restarting the browser in slideshow mode does not have this problem.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but a quick search of the topic didn't show it.

Version 1.0
Java 2 1.5.0.10
Win98SE

Yes, sounds similar to other problems that have been reported. I think this this has been fixed in the upcoming version.

+Quote Post
volcanopele
post Feb 22 2005, 09:40 PM
Post #81

Member No.: 23

Wow, this program is great for casual Mars Rover observers. I mostly work on Titan and the Saturnian system and have no time to make anaglyphs and color images from the Rover images. This is a great way to automate this so that people who don't have to the time can enjoy the experience.

Thanks!!

--------------------
&@^^!% Jim! I'm a geologist, not a physicist!
The Gish Bar Times - A Blog all about Jupiter's Moon Io

+Quote Post
mhoward
post Feb 22 2005, 10:41 PM
Post #82

Thanks volcanopele, it was certainly the casual observers (such as myself) that I had in mind. Maybe someday there'll be a mission that returns as much imagery from Titan as we're currently getting from Mars; that would be something else. What a strange place!

+Quote Post
mhoward
post Feb 23 2005, 12:18 AM
Post #83

Version 1.0.1 is now up. http://midnightmarsbrowser.blogspot.com

+Quote Post
mhoward
post Feb 23 2005, 12:48 AM
Post #84

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention: yuriwho wins the icon contest, since his uses transparency. His icon is used in the OSX version now. Thanks, yuriwho!

+Quote Post
CosmicRocker
post Feb 23 2005, 05:56 AM
Post #85

Member No.: 116

I just downloaded and used 1.0.1, and it has many of the features I was hoping for. Thanks, and congratulations. I didn't really have any problems with 1.0, but I didn't try to download the entire image set, just a few hundred megs. One of these days I'll take the laptop to work and grab the whole set.

I can't wait for 1.1. I am happy to read that you are already working on some of the other things at the top of my wish list. smile.gif

I am still downloading the images directly to a thumb drive via the fast connection at work, and then copying the directories to my machine at home. That is so nice.

I know I should invest the time saved on my wife and family, but now I find myself engrossed with Cassini and other missions. Is that a mistake? unsure.gif

--------------------
...Tom

I'm not a Space Fan, I'm a Space Exploration Enthusiast.

+Quote Post
Bubbinski
post Feb 23 2005, 08:12 AM
Post #86

Member No.: 167

I've just downloaded the new version and I'm enjoying the new slideshow features. Thanks a lot!

Bubbinski (thinking what if there were a Midnight Saturn/Titan browser as well...Whoo hoo!)

--------------------
- My signature idea machine is busted right now.

+Quote Post
cIclops
post Feb 23 2005, 09:51 AM
Post #87

Member No.: 161

1.0.1 is working well here with Java 2 1.5.0.10 and Win98SE. no sign of the looping and the new clipboard and run features are really helpful. thanks!

--------------------

+Quote Post
erwan
post Feb 23 2005, 11:39 AM
Post #88

Member No.: 164

Dowloaded MidnightMarsBrowser1.0.1, works fine, can choose the last day of the update!
Thanks a lot Michael.

--------------------

Erwann

+Quote Post
MizarKey
post Feb 23 2005, 04:21 PM
Post #89

Member No.: 45

QUOTE (MizarKey @ Feb 11 2005, 03:28 PM)
QUOTE (mhoward @ Feb 11 2005, 12:58 PM)
QUOTE (MizarKey @ Feb 11 2005, 05:56 PM)
I'm trying to use if from work...I'm on an XP machine running Java 1.4.  I keep getting:

Scanning http://qt.exploratorium.edu/mars/opportunity/forward_hazcam/
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect; retrying...
Tried 4 times; terminating.

We do have a 'border manager' proxie that requires a signon (I was signed on), but there may be some other security issue...doh!

I'll try from home later...

Eric P / MizarKey

That's interesting... I'm guessing it must be something to do with the proxy. I'm wondering if you can get to qt.exploratorium.edu in IE and if so if there's some special settings in IE for the proxie. Maybe there's something I'd have to do in the MMB connection attempt to specify the proxy, I'll have to see what I can find out about it.

You don't need to tweak it for me...probably just get me in trouble at work anyway... biggrin.gif

I am interested in modifying the anaglyph setting, how did you determine the default?

Also, I'd be interested in being able to regenerate anaglyphs after modifying the settings - without redownloading the raw images and with writing over the previously generated images.

It's an excellent program and I thank you deeply!

Eric P / MizarKey

I changed my mind...if you can look into adding a proxy access I would much appreciate it.

My office uses Novell Border Manager and we use our Network sign on id with a different password to access the internet. I sign on before attempting to access the midnight browser app, but it can't get past the proxy for some reason.
When I update the AdAware program I have to set the proxy information each time within AdAware.

Great program though, I have been successful using it at home.

--------------------
Eric P / MizarKey

+Quote Post
Nix
post Feb 23 2005, 06:37 PM
Post #90

Chief Assistant

Group: Admin
Member No.: 136

Thank you so much. Just installed it, it's downloading missing Oppy images right now...
Slideshow features are great work too!

--------------------
photographer, space imagery enthusiast, proud father and partner, and geek.

http://500px.com/sacred-photons &

+Quote Post

64 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:52 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.