Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Iapetus color mosaics
ugordan
post Jan 10 2010, 04:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 523

I've assembled the 8 different global narrow-angle, clear filter mosaics of Iapetus taken by Cassini on 31st Dec 2004 and 1st Jan 2005. The first mosaic you may already be familiar with, but I redid it to be in gamma-correct representation (as are the others). It's the only one that actually has 2 full RGB color footprints, all the other mosaics were colorized using much lower resolution wide-angle IR1/GRN/VIO data, except the last one where there was no color data available. They are meant to approximate natural color appearance. My Flickr page has some additional info on rough time of acquisition and number of footprints.

Here they are, chronologically, click for full resolution views:

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ian R
post Jan 28 2010, 05:28 PM
Post #2

Lord Of The Uranian Rings

Member No.: 437

Wonderful work, as usual Gordan - I remember that flyby very fondly! Your flickr account has enough material for at least two volumes of coffee-table books, I reckon... wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hungry4info
post Jan 28 2010, 05:50 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4270

Very nice! Thanks!

--------------------
-- Hungry4info (Sirius_Alpha)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:38 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.