Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Garden Lander, messing about with my mobile
djellison
post May 18 2005, 12:51 PM
Post #1

Founder

Group: Chairman
Member No.: 1

http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/doug_im...arden_probe.zip (500kb)

Imagine if a spaceprobe with a small red and blue filtered camera landed in my garden smile.gif This is the data set it sent back. I thought it'd be a laugh just to string something together - if anyone sticks together a funky mosaic from it- I'll then take a proper photo of the area so you can compare to see how we look at the images we get and how the compare to reality biggrin.gif

For the green filter - probably best to average red + blue smile.gif

If anyone likes the idea - I'll do some others from some interesting places smile.gif

Doug
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
ElkGroveDan
post May 18 2005, 07:35 PM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 197

QUOTE (djellison @ May 18 2005, 12:51 PM)
http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/doug_im...arden_probe.zip (500kb)

Imagine if a spaceprobe with a small red and blue filtered camera landed in my garden smile.gif  This is the data set it sent back. I thought it'd be a laugh just to string something together - if anyone sticks together a funky mosaic from it- I'll then take a proper photo of the area so you can compare to see how we look at the images we get and how the compare to reality biggrin.gif

For the green filter - probably best to average red + blue smile.gif

If anyone likes the idea - I'll do some others from some interesting places smile.gif

Doug

Should we take up a collection to get you some patio furniture?

--------------------
If Occam had heard my theory, things would be very different now.

+Quote Post
dvandorn
post May 18 2005, 08:31 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 15

QUOTE (ElkGroveDan @ May 18 2005, 02:35 PM)
Should we take up a collection to get you some patio furniture?

I think he wants patio furniture that has six wheels and an uplink capability... wink.gif

-the other Doug

--------------------
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” -Mark Twain

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:35 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.