4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Some random Cassini stuff, from the PDS
Jyril
post Aug 17 2006, 09:57 PM
Post #46

Group: Members
Member No.: 408

The bottom-left view of Titan is the best one I've ever seen on Titan's clouds. blink.gif

--------------------
The universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ugordan
post Aug 23 2006, 06:06 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 523

I've just dug up an awesome RGB set from the PDS showing Dione, Tethys, Pandora and the rings in color:

Attached Image

It's color composites like this that I wish the imaging team would release more often. Much nicer than churning out grayscales every day, IMHO.
The images out of this set that were released are The Face-off and Satellite Trio.

There's a bunch of gems like these waiting at the PDS. I've set up sort of a gallery where I'll post new composites on the fly in order not to trash this place too much. It's easier to browse through the images that way anyway. The only downside is the size limitation of 1024 pixels for the free account so no large mosaics until I upgrade the account.
I've put up most of the images already shown here, though the processing was corrected for them after I realized the red channel was a tad too bright for some reason, while I was creating that albedo/color montage. This is why those Enceladus shots got reddish, as well as Hyperion and.. well, most first ones. rolleyes.gif

I've finally been able to get a grip on narrow-angle and especially wide-angle camera quirks and am fairly pleased with the results. You can find the gallery at www.flickr.com/photos/ugordan.

--------------------

+Quote Post
David
post Aug 23 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (ugordan @ Aug 23 2006, 06:06 PM) *
I've finally been able to get a grip on narrow-angle and especially wide-angle camera quirks and am fairly pleased with the results. You can find the gallery at www.flickr.com/photos/ugordan.

Those are really super images. I especially like the one of Io against Jupiter's limb.

They can't send me on a mission to Jupiter -- I'd be completely useless, as I'd spend all my time staring out the window. ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Floyd
post Sep 6 2006, 12:37 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 1102

The photos of the rings that were posted today show quite dramatic changes in the appearance Encke division from frame to frame. If anyone could put the pictures together in a movie, I think it would be quite interesting.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 09:24 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.