Reply to this topicStart new topic
HiPOD, HiRISE Picture Of the Day
Bob Shaw
post Jan 22 2007, 08:50 AM
Post #106

Group: Members
Member No.: 239

QUOTE (CosmicRocker @ Jan 22 2007, 06:05 AM) *
I've been experimenting with color anaglyphs where only one image from the stereo pair is in color. It seems that it works much better when the colored image is for the right eye. The Eberswalde pair fortunately matched that criterion. I now find myself wishing that the rovers' Pancams had the color filters on the right side.

People's eye/brain imaging system exhibits 'handedness'. Normally, one eye is dominant over the other, so it may well be that *you* see anaglyphs in a better way when you tickle the right-hand neurones - but other folk might do better the other way around! I don't know what the relative numbers are for right/left visual preference, but there's every chance that there is an overall bias towards one side or the other. Perhaps the instructions for looking at anaglyphs should include a suggestion that, if all else fails, the image should be flipped right-left.

Good work, though, I really enjoyed flying over the delta!

Bob Shaw

--------------------
Remember: Time Flies like the wind - but Fruit Flies like bananas!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CosmicRocker
post Jan 22 2007, 10:44 PM
Post #107

Group: Members
Member No.: 116

I'm sure you're correct about that. On occasions when I had to look at reversed anaglyphs with the glasses flipped I have difficulty seeing depth at first. My brain definitely wants the red filter on the left and cyan on the right. In the case of the half-color anaglyph I was hypothesizing that with the color image coming through the cyan filter, twice as much color information (blue and green) can pass. Whereas with color on the left, only red can pass. That may be an oversimplified way to look at it.

On a different subject, I realized that many more people could use the HiRise image list I made if I posted it in html rather than as an Excel file. This will not have the functionality of the spreadsheet I posted ealier, but at least it is a listing of all the images available so far, with ancillary information and links to the image page.
Attached File  MRO_HiRise_Image_Catalog1_posted.htm ( 166.4K ) Number of downloads: 426

--------------------
...Tom

I'm not a Space Fan, I'm a Space Exploration Enthusiast.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:59 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.