+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
jccwrt
post Jul 16 2017, 10:12 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 7273

I've been experimenting more with processing high-altitude HRSC two-color (GB) limb scans. I want to emphasize that these aren't geometrically-controlled or accurate color images. Basically I warp the blue channel image to overlay the green channel image, then partially subtract the blue channel image from the green to come up with a synthetic red channel. Since there's a lot of along-track motion between images, the color of the atmospheric haze structure doesn't come out too well, so I either paint it a single color, or maybe paint individual layers if there's enough color information for it. The shape of the limb is distorted in the original images (usually one half will have a different slope than the other), and this is semi-subjectively adjusted so that the horizon fits the outline of a circle of an arbitrary radius while craters near the bottom of the image are more or less round. So don't wander off and try to use these for science tongue.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:38 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.