Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Spirit Update Discrepancy
centsworth_II
post May 29 2007, 04:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 132

In looking for microscopic images of Gertrude Weise, I thought I had it pegged when I saw the following
from Marsdaily. Then I saw the (same?) update on the NASA site and have to wonder what's going on.
Does Marsdaily have additional info to what is in the NASA update?

Sol 1187: Spirit acquired full-color, 13-filter images of Gertrude Weise, drove 5 meters (16 feet) to approach the soil target, autonomously placed the microscopic imager on target, and collected microscopic images.
The rover acquired a 360-degree panorama of the terrain using the navigation camera and also acquired a mosaic of images
using the panoramic camera.
http://www.marsdaily.com/reports/Spirit_St...he_MRO_999.html

Sol 1187: Spirit acquired full-color, 13-filter images of Gertrude Weise, drove 5 meters (16 feet) to approach the soil target, and autonomously placed the Mössbauer spectrometer on target.
The rover acquired a 360-degree panorama of the terrain using the navigation camera and also acquired a mosaic of images
using the panoramic camera.
http://marsrovers.nasa.gov/mission/status_...ll.html#sol1186
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ToSeek
post May 29 2007, 09:55 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 74

The MarsDaily page now also says "Mössbauer spectrometer."

+Quote Post
CosmicRocker
post May 30 2007, 04:28 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 116

Good catch, centsworth_II. It makes one wonder how a discrepancy like that occurred in the first place. blink.gif

--------------------
...Tom

I'm not a Space Fan, I'm a Space Exploration Enthusiast.

+Quote Post
centsworth_II
post May 30 2007, 02:07 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 132

It seems like it should be a simple cut and paste operation.

+Quote Post
Phil Stooke
post May 30 2007, 05:45 PM
Post #5

Solar System Cartographer

Member No.: 227

I make mistakes all the time. Just ask my kids. It's easy to do this. Write it incorrectly, put it up on two websites, spot the error and fix it. Then, a bit later, remember it has to be fixed twice.

Or... put it up wrong. Someone copies it to another site. Spot the mistake and fix it. Later, someone tells the other site they are wrong and they fix it.

Phil

--------------------
... because the Solar System ain't gonna map itself.

Also to be found posting similar content on https://mastodon.social/@PhilStooke
NOTE: everything created by me which I post on UMSF is considered to be in the public domain (NOT CC, public domain)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:34 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.