3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Phoenix animations official thread
Guest_jumpjack_*
post Oct 19 2008, 02:01 PM
Post #31

Guests

QUOTE (Astro0 @ Oct 19 2008, 03:21 PM) *
Sol141 clouds with dust devils. I've contrast stretched the sky and ground separately to bring out the details.
The DDs are quite tall contrasted against the clouds.
[attachment=16220:Sol141_Clouds_DDs.wmv]

Stormy. smile.gif

But I don't see the DDs.... huh.gif

Any chance to see such an animation in color? rolleyes.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Astro0
post Oct 19 2008, 02:18 PM
Post #32

Group: Admin
Member No.: 615

The DDs come right at the end - last 3-4 frames. Tall columns against the sky. Not to be confused with the clouds.

I'm sure that some UMSF'er could colourise the scene, but I think it would never look quite right.

+Quote Post
Shaka
post Oct 19 2008, 07:54 PM
Post #33

Group: Members
Member No.: 618

sad.gif I can't see nuttin'!
Wish I knew why so many of these .wmv things knock up a QT page and then show a blank screen.
I suppose it's my Zone Alarm wall, but I just wish it would give me the option to be protected or not.
...sigh

--------------------
My Grandpa goes to Mars every day and all I get are these lousy T-shirts!

+Quote Post
TheChemist
post Oct 19 2008, 08:41 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 112

Seems to me you need to associate .wmv and .avi files with your Windows Media Player (assuming you do run some sort of Windows ?), and stop blaming the poor firewall. smile.gif

The QT player cannot read .avi files such as this one, unless there is some extra codec which you can download for it (if such codec exists, I have no idea), maybe the Mac people here can help.

+Quote Post
mhoward
post Oct 19 2008, 09:12 PM
Post #35

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 98

QUOTE (TheChemist @ Oct 19 2008, 02:41 PM) *
The QT player cannot read .avi files such as this one, unless there is some extra codec which you can download for it (if such codec exists, I have no idea), maybe the Mac people here can help.

Right-click the file and download it. Then change its extension from .wmv.avi to just .wmv. Then load it in QuickTime player. I don't know why... that's just what works here.

And you must have Flip4Mac installed.

+Quote Post
Shaka
post Oct 20 2008, 12:16 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 618

I just wanna thank all you wunnerful people around the world for helpin' me out here.
biggrin.gif
My favorite Chemist hit it first try, and, after roaming around looking for preference menus, I found the one that matters in Firefox!
Why all those video file types were assigned to the Quicktime player I have no idea - (I certainly didn't tell it to do that.) - but now they're assigned to the Windows player, and -JOY! tongue.gif - I get to watch Astro0's great movie. Color me happy.

--------------------
My Grandpa goes to Mars every day and all I get are these lousy T-shirts!

+Quote Post
CosmicRocker
post Nov 2 2008, 06:25 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 116

It has been my experience that when you install various media players, certain ones hijack file extensions promiscuously. You need to be cautious when accepting their installation defaults.

edited to repair grammar

--------------------
...Tom

I'm not a Space Fan, I'm a Space Exploration Enthusiast.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:41 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.