Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
“Spirit of the Lone Eagle”, an audacious program for a manned Mars landing
RNeuhaus
post Aug 1 2006, 12:01 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 385

An odd idea. This article shows a new proposal idea to send a man along with a woman to Mars without returning....in order to attract the Earth public to support to the uniques human in Mars. Of course, the Earth will send periodically spaces with food, oxygen and water to Mars. They will live at the bottom of the surface (Hella) where there is greater air pressure and water vapor to be captured and looks for any cavs around there to protect from radiations. Long reading.

http://www.thespacereview.com/article/669/1

Rodolfo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mchan
post Aug 1 2006, 02:07 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 476

It starts out well, but then it gets to "When most of the world tunes in to this dramatic life-or-death situation, international tensions will naturally defuse. All humanity will become acutely aware of their common bond as earthbound brothers and sisters, a bond transcending culture or religion. It is not too much to believe that this singular event could well usher in a new age of international cooperation and new respect for humanistic values." I have sadly become cynical in my old age, for this reads to me like A Modest Proposal.

+Quote Post
David
post Aug 1 2006, 02:37 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (RNeuhaus @ Aug 1 2006, 12:01 AM) *
This article shows a new proposal idea to send a man along with a woman to Mars without returning....in order to attract the Earth public to support to the uniques human in Mars.
Such a move, by any country, would probably draw (and merit) international condemnation rather than imitation.

+Quote Post
RNeuhaus
post Aug 1 2006, 02:59 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 385

I think that this kind mission is not, at least only for now, suited to our logical mind. This kind mission is emotional, looking to print as a heroe in our humanity history. Rationally, most people will think it as a crazy mission only suited for any fanatic of Mars. In anyway, I would not approve this idea. Better, take the time along with the technology advancement until it becomes mature enough to send reasonably a man to Mars and return to Earth with good health and shape.

Rodolfo

+Quote Post
Guest_Analyst_*
post Aug 1 2006, 06:11 PM
Post #5

Guests

The stories at thespacereview.com are sometimes good, Dwayne A. Day for example is a really good space historian and has written some good papers, published among others in JBIS.

But way too often the articles are like this one: crazy. Some weeks ago there has been an article strongly suggesting the U.S. should develop and put weapons into space to be able to attac any point on earth within x minutes (terrorists all over the world blah, blah). This is not only crazy but dangerous.

You have to read there very selectivly.

Analyst

+Quote Post
Phil Stooke
post Aug 1 2006, 08:15 PM
Post #6

Solar System Cartographer

Member No.: 227

I wouldn't pay too much attention to this ridiculous article. It's the kind of thing people throw together when they are late for a deadline.

Phil

--------------------
... because the Solar System ain't gonna map itself.

Also to be found posting similar content on https://mastodon.social/@PhilStooke
NOTE: everything created by me which I post on UMSF is considered to be in the public domain (NOT CC, public domain)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:36 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.