64 Pages V  « < 62 63 64  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Mission: Hayabusa 2
Wez
post Sep 13 2021, 06:04 AM
Post #946

Group: Members
Member No.: 9066

I was going to post up the highlighted map but I'll wait until I can work out how to upload something in the post properly.

I have added my original map to the Shape File from SBMT which you can view here: Ryugu 3D Model

I'm keen to get access to other data to add to this:
  • Colour Topography (Phil did you create this or did you get it from JAXA?)
  • Thermal map in Cylindrical projection
  • Gravity Map in Cylindrical projection

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Wez
post Sep 13 2021, 06:11 AM
Post #947

Member No.: 9066

A third thing is creating my own reconstruction photogrammically from the raw images from the ONC-T camera (I presume that is the best camera). I presume there are more images than the set from Romans animated GIF at 6pm which could be used for a reconstruction.

Does anyone have contacts in JAXA who I could talk to about acquiring the raw data images to use? I'm hoping to make a better map and then create another Cylindrical map from that which is high detail and covers the entire asteroid.

In addition I have also create an Interactive version of Ryugu in an Asteroid Viewer app I'm developing with the ability to fade between maps and fade labels in and out with a scale bar. Eventually I'll plan to move that tool to be online and I'll post up a link here when that is finalised.

Thanks for any assistance smile.gif

I should pass on a thankyou to everyone in this sub-forum as well. The amount of useful information in these pages has been fantastic

+Quote Post
Marcin600
post Sep 18 2021, 09:01 PM
Post #948

Member No.: 7860

"...The largest particle that JAXA's spacecraft Hayabusa2 brought back from the asteroid Ryugu was over 10 mm in major diameter (other particles are mainly less than several mm in size), which was beyond even the expectations..." - https://curation.isas.jaxa.jp/en/topics/21-09-10.html (includes video)
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

64 Pages V  « < 62 63 64
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2021 - 11:47 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.