http://www.esa.int/SPECIALS/Mars_Express/SEMY1B5DHNF_0.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
antipode
post Nov 21 2008, 09:26 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 1206

So, faint, maybe not visible at visual wavelengths, but still - a possible target for MEX VMC?

P

+Quote Post
ormstont
post Dec 2 2008, 04:34 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 4320

You're way ahead of us wink.gif We'd love to try and capture some images of the aurorae from VMC but I have the feeling that they might be just too faint for VMC to capture. We should have a crescent season coming up though when we return to VMC ops in 2009 so we might put in some long exposures and see what we get. We're also keen to try and catch meteors this way if we can. Hopefully they'll be some willing people on UMSF to take a look at what we get!

--------------------

+Quote Post
RoverDriver
post Dec 2 2008, 05:04 PM
Post #4

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1200

QUOTE (ormstont @ Dec 2 2008, 08:34 AM) *
You're way ahead of us wink.gif We'd love to try and capture some images of the aurorae from VMC but I have the feeling that they might be just too faint for VMC to capture. We should have a crescent season coming up though when we return to VMC ops in 2009 so we might put in some long exposures and see what we get. We're also keen to try and catch meteors this way if we can. Hopefully they'll be some willing people on UMSF to take a look at what we get!

If you see any, let me know so I can move the rovers laugh.gif

Paolo

--------------------
Disclaimer: all opinions, ideas and information included here are my own,and should not be intended to represent opinion or policy of my employer.

+Quote Post
Doc
post Dec 2 2008, 06:36 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 3978

This is quite an ambitious plan. I guess the new aurorae map will come in handy, that is if specific points are imaged and not randomly (magnetic regions). Careful planning required hear.

--------------------
We talk of nothing but Curiosity here
Follow me on twitter or Google +

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:53 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.