IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Orbiter, Who has tried Orbiter Simulator 2010?
RichforMars
post Aug 3 2014, 01:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6965

Hi there,

I wanted to find out who has given Orbiter Simulator a try? Quite a touch simulator to get the understanding of. I tried it many years back, but I gave up with it, and then only a year later I was looking for some sort of space orbiting game. There was space station something I had used ten years ago available via Gamespot.

But that was quite useless as the company went bankrupt or whatever.

I have only managed to crudely understand basic short distance docking. I have used the Shuttle, ISS, Skylab, and the Module(s) the authentic one that was tested in orbit in March 1969. And the long gone constellation project, concept one. MPCV

I just enjoy the simulator, listening to some tracks from the Enterprise soundtrack, and basic manuvering of crafts in low Earth orbit. There are stars available to view, and the constellations can be viewed. Cygnus is currently my favourite as there is one Exoplanet there. biggrin.gif

There are plenty of addons, how ever a lot of science fiction, or just improved upgrades.

Overall for anyone who has used Flight Simulator, if one knows what they are doing and has a good understanding or Orbital mechanics and mathematics they should do well. Fuel can be edited to take a trip to the moon or Mars.

I can't land properly on the moon, or even take an orbital flight. It is hard stuff. wink.gif

The module is very difficult to orbit in compared to the old shuttle.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:35 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.