Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Long time no see!, Or: um3k's return of questionable permanance
um3k
post Aug 6 2011, 04:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 372

Hello everyone! It's been a fair while since I posted here, over two years, in fact (and over three since I was a regular poster). In the meantime, my interest in space has waned, being replaced more-or-less by an interest in filmmaking. Last year, I worked on a feature film with some friends, which, much to our excitement, has been picked up for DVD distribution. Now, with that in the can, and with all the interesting things happening with spaceflight as of late, my old interest has begun to renew itself. So, I have come back to this forum, which I expect to read fairly frequently, though it remains to be seen how much I'll be posting.

If you don't mind, I'd like to tell you a little more about that movie I worked on. It's called The Long, Slow Death of a Twenty-Something, and it's about a guy whose life begins falling apart as he approaches his 30th birthday. It's a comedy, and very relatable for people in their twenties and thirties. The distributor has a page for it, and we have also created a facebook page.

Well, I better drag myself away from this hazcam image I'm trying to undistort in AviSynth, I have to get ready for a family function. Goodbye!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hendric
post Aug 7 2011, 10:05 PM
Post #2

Director of Galilean Photography

Member No.: 93

Welcome back! My interest tends to go in cycles as well, with bouts of ETOOMANYGAMES and ETOOMANYBOOKS and especially ETOOMANYMAGAZINES. smile.gif

--------------------
Space Enthusiast Richard Hendricks
--
"The engineers, as usual, made a tremendous fuss. Again as usual, they did the job in half the time they had dismissed as being absolutely impossible." --Rescue Party, Arthur C Clarke
Mother Nature is the final inspector of all quality.

+Quote Post
um3k
post Aug 22 2011, 06:03 AM
Post #3

Thanks!

Yeah, my interests seem to be in a constant spin cycle. The last couple weeks I've been learning Lua scripting to do neat things (such as this) in Roblox. For a good 8 months or so I was on a Minecraft kick, at one point even writing a mod to add various 3D modes. Every once in a while I'll work on one of my film scripts for a week or two. Occasionally I'll attempt making something in PHP. And, of course, I do movie stuff, when there's movie stuff to do.

+Quote Post
um3k
post Oct 5 2011, 03:30 AM
Post #4

Sorry for the double post, but today was the big day!

Attached Image

Here's my niece showing off our film in the local Blockbuster store. Pretty exciting! It's in every Blockbuster location in the US (there are still 2,500 of them despite recent cutbacks), and is the first indie film that they have added to their selection in over a year!

+Quote Post
Stu
post Oct 5 2011, 05:21 AM
Post #5

The Poet Dude

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 60

Congratulations! Must be a heck of a thing to walk into your local DVD store and see a film on the shelves that you worked on! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd April 2024 - 03:25 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.