IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

HiWish near Zephyria Tholus, Looking at Emily's HiWish result
tfisher
post Apr 2 2010, 12:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 421

Link: Emily's blog post about a possible volcanic feature near Zephyria Tholus.

The idea is layered deposits might be a sign of this as a volcanic feature. Taking the magnified image from that blog post (@ 1/2 hirise resolution) I would say I do see some kind of layering. Tell me if I'm crazy. I've marked what jumps out at me; compare with the original image here.

Attached Image

Of course there is a long way between spotting something that looks like layering and making any scientific statement, a distinction made very well in the blog post. But that shouldn't stop us from poking around with it. So am I making things up, or do others see the features I'm marking as layers?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:36 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.