Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Online Planetary Image Resources
Geopardy
post Jul 7 2016, 12:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7989

Hello ! Sorry if this is not the correct category (move it if any), but I'm looking for something hard to find (I have tried yet) but that makes
the interest more fascinating (with the technical side): pictures of planets, signals from the sensors and others data (orbiters and landers)
such as controllers see them as soon as it happens on computers.
All ages, all planets and all spacecrafts accepted.
Please Thank you very much !

2 examples to give you an idea of what I want (screenshot of the News of September 5, 1976 on a french broadcast archive website > Viking 2 on Mars, and photograph of the
screen of the control computer in October 2014 with the Contact Philae on the floor of the comet Tchuri)

(Sorry for my faults, but I'm French and I'm not fluent in English despite my efforts)

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
[color="#0000FF"][/color][size="4"][/size]Viking on Mars 1976-2016
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nprev
post Jul 8 2016, 12:55 AM
Post #2

Merciless Robot

Group: Admin
Member No.: 602

Hello, Geopardy. Your best bet is to Google specific missions; normally this will bring up links to various online image repositories, esp. for NASA missions. A single-point source for a large number of calibrated & validated images from most NASA missions is the Planetary Data System.

MOD NOTE: As a rule, please do not create new topics to ask a question. However, this is a very general question related to the core subject matter of the Forum & the responses from senior members may be extremely useful to new users.

--------------------
A few will take this knowledge and use this power of a dream realized as a force for change, an impetus for further discovery to make less ancient dreams real.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:19 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.