Juramike
post Sep 18 2007, 06:06 PM
Post #61

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 1345

QUOTE (ugordan @ Sep 18 2007, 01:53 PM) *
How did you pull that off?

???? blink.gif

I honestly don't know...It doesn't show them any more. I rechecked and I can no longer view the number of downloads.
(Both IE and Firefox are no longer showing downloads. I'm pretty sure I was using Firefox when I saw the number of downloads on the mouseover)

It was wonderful while it lasted....

-Mike

--------------------
Some higher resolution images available at my photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/31678681@N07/
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Juramike
post Sep 18 2007, 10:50 PM
Post #62

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 1345

QUOTE (ugordan @ Sep 18 2007, 01:53 PM) *
How did you pull that off?

Found something kinda useful:

My controls
Options (on left side of screen)
Manage your attachments

And it will pull up all the attachments you've ever posted. Give a grand total of your storage space (Whoa!! Thanks, Doug!) used for your attachements. And it will also show how many downloads of your files have been done. [Was it your Saturn image or the Iapetus mosaic that got high score for you?]

I wasn't brave enought to hit the "delete" key to see what would happen...could be very scary.

QUOTE (elakdawalla @ Sep 18 2007, 02:04 PM) *
I, too, have sometimes had the "initializing upload" thing appear to hang on me when I attempt to post. It's only intermittent, and I can't figure out under what circumstances it happens, which is why I haven't posted about it yet. Just refreshing the posting page did fix the problem on one occasion. (I am using IE 7 on Win XP SP2.)

--Emily

I'm still not getting the upload box to light up in this thread. No clue why. Multiple refreshes haven't done it either. I'm flummoxed...

-Mike

--------------------
Some higher resolution images available at my photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/31678681@N07/

+Quote Post
ugordan
post Sep 19 2007, 07:34 AM
Post #63

Group: Members
Member No.: 523

Regarding attachments, I'm glad I wasn't imagining things earlier. It turns out the attachment icons and popup information (filename, size and No. downloads) are the same old ones as before when I browse the forum using Firefox 1.5 here at work. At home with Firefox 2.something it's the "new and improved" design. It could be something in the way the board software handles different browsers or javascripts and such. Makes me wish I can cheat the board into thinking it's 1.5 all the time.
The popup text appears to definitely be embedded in page source, not something the browser figures out.

Another issue with FF 1.5 is the "Quick edit" feature doesn't seem to work, it does nothing when you click "Complete edit", but that's no biggie either.

--------------------

+Quote Post
djellison
post Sep 19 2007, 07:40 AM
Post #64

Founder

Group: Chairman
Member No.: 1

The new and improved design is selectable for all if you so wish - but it's not customized for UMSF yet There's a drop down in the bottom left. Try it if you like - the new is IPB Board Pro - it'll be the default in October - maybe it'll fix some of the problems people are having with functionality.

Doug

+Quote Post
edstrick
post Sep 19 2007, 07:44 AM
Post #65

Member No.: 174

I'm using IE 6.0.28..... under Win98se

I'm connecting to http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/

Had no problem with it recognizing me tonight.. it's INTERMITTANT that I end up logged in as guest.

+Quote Post
dvandorn
post Sep 19 2007, 03:48 PM
Post #66

Member No.: 15

As for the new default -- I don't mind the colors (well, OK, the grays) or the formatting. But I really dislike the font it uses to display posts, etc. I vastly prefer the current display font. Is that something you can change or control from your end, Doug?

-the other Doug

--------------------
“The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right.” -Mark Twain

+Quote Post
stevesliva
post Sep 19 2007, 03:52 PM
Post #67

Member No.: 530

I agree. I like the current font better. Is it Verdana vs Arial?

+Quote Post
djellison
post Sep 19 2007, 04:06 PM
Post #68

Founder

I like the new font - but I'm in a big minority (none of the admins like it either smile.gif )

I'll see what I can do by x-ref'ing the CSS's of the two and get the old font on the new theme.

Doug

+Quote Post
ElkGroveDan
post Sep 19 2007, 04:48 PM
Post #69

Group: Admin
Member No.: 197

QUOTE (djellison @ Sep 19 2007, 08:06 AM) *
I like the new font - but I'm in a big minority (none of the admins like it either smile.gif )

My "way cool" comment was absent any qualifiers.

--------------------
If Occam had heard my theory, things would be very different now.

+Quote Post
djellison
post Sep 19 2007, 04:56 PM
Post #70

Founder

We'll have IP Board Pro Doug&Dan and then IP Board Pro Everyone Else smile.gif

Doug

+Quote Post
fredk
post Sep 19 2007, 07:15 PM
Post #71

Member No.: 152

So I was able to upload an attachment no problem using Firefox on another machine. It seems the problem (inability to upload) is just with Mozilla.

+Quote Post
jvandriel
post Sep 22 2007, 05:44 PM
Post #72

Member No.: 353

Doug,
can you explain how to add attachments to a post.
I can't even find the upload button as is mentioned
before.
I use Firefox 2.0.0.7

jvandriel

+Quote Post
scalbers
post Sep 22 2007, 05:54 PM
Post #73

Member No.: 184

QUOTE (djellison @ Sep 18 2007, 03:09 PM) *
3600s

Doug

Doug - out of curiosity, was the timeout period longer in the past?

--------------------
Steve [ my home page and planetary maps page ]

+Quote Post
djellison
post Sep 22 2007, 06:06 PM
Post #74

Founder

Scroll down to the attachment editor pane of the post page.
Find the browse button - click it- navigate to your file - click open.
Attached Image

Then hit upload - you will see this

Attached Image

Then - if you so wish you can use the drop-down menu which says Manage Current Attachments (n) to add them into the post, or delete them.

Attached Image

Click submit when you've finished your post - job done - with Firefox 2.0.0.7

Attached Image

Nothing special on this machine at all - bog standard XP SP2 install. I don't want to sound like a bastard about this - but it DOES work - I've demonstrated it with this post - if it's not working on your machine, what more can I do apart from recommending you google around for firefox invision 2.3 and see if you can find similar problems elsewhere. Go hunting for other Invision boards and see if you have trouble there as well. If you don't - then let me know which boards and I'll see if I can liase with that forum admin to see what differences there might be. I've hunted the official invision forums http://www.ipsbeyond.com but have found nothing regarding trouble uploading.

You would not believe how frustrating this is and how much swearing I'm doing - because I have not seen a single one of ANY of the symptoms people are describing. Not one. Login is fine, attachments are fine, it's snappy, it works. I'm not a tech guru, I'm not a code monkey. The new version is FANTASTIC for admin - the new registration process means I'm getting 1/10th the number of spammers registering, and it takes me half the time to approve new registrations. I couldn't be happier with how it performs for me...and couldn't be more farked off or in the dark as to why others are having issues.

Doug

+Quote Post
djellison
post Sep 22 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #75

Founder

QUOTE (scalbers @ Sep 22 2007, 06:54 PM) *
Doug - out of curiosity, was the timeout period longer in the past?

It's not a value I ever set. It has been at the default with every version of Invision we've used - so if it's changed, it's because the default has changed.

Doug

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:10 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.