IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

lroc images of different points of the moon over time, Trying to find images from each orbit of the LRO of polar regions
Engineer817
post Dec 22 2012, 08:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6366

I've been trying to determine good potential landing zones on the lunar north pole but obviously I need more data then just level areas. My goal is to find how much light gets into different craters on the lunar north pole and what areas receive more then the usual 2 weeks of light. My plan of attack is to take 1 image each orbit from the lroc of the polar region and compile them into a video. Then averaging each pixel data value out to black or white and taking the final black area and overlaying it onto a topography map of that area, there by determining how much light is most likely to have entered that region and then eliminating the areas that are touched by light as sources of ice (obviously). A different approach for how much light an area receives another process however. The problem is not the programming, its the data to begin with. I don't know where to find the pictures I need. They must be in high resolution, and it would be best if they were from the same angle. Seeing as the LRO orbits right above the lunar poles, I don't think it would be too much of a problem. If any one could point me in the right direction I would be appreciative.
cool.gif

--------------------
What Will It Take?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 01:35 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.