IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Walking 10,000 meters or 6.2 miles, A challenge for all UMSF members to walk the distance Opportunity has
Guest_Bobby_*
post Feb 24 2007, 03:24 AM
Post #1

Guests

Recently while doing one of my weekly walks. I started thinking about how far Opportunity has traveled in her journeys from Eagle to Victoria. Even the 2 to 3 miles I do when I walk is a distance.

I thought as a challenge for this year (2007) to all UMSF members that we all find a nice long road or trail and walk the distance Oppotunity has traveled. I think we will all be very surprised at how far this little golf cart sized rover has done. I think it's a great visual perspective and great exercise for us all.

I will find a time this spring to walk this 6.2 mile and I hope others will say they will do the same. I would like to make this the UMSF challenge of the year. If anyone does this. an attached picture of where they walked might be great to have. Maybe throw in a walk up a hill the size of Husband Hill to indicate what Spirit did also in her journeys.

If anyone wants to participate in this challenge. Please post a reply in this new thread

Good wheel.gif wheel.gif wheel.gif or walking for us all

Bobby
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:59 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.