Reply to this topicStart new topic
Fall 2012 UMSF Fund Drive, We need to raise $5000 to pay for UMSF upkeep
elakdawalla
post Sep 24 2012, 09:43 PM
Post #1

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 454

Hi folks, it's been about two years since we last passed the hat to raise the money it takes to keep unmannedspaceflight.com going. We need to raise $5000 this time around. You can donate here. For U.S. taxpayers, the entire amount of your donation is tax-deductible.

Our hosting costs about $1000 per six months. This fundraiser will cover 1.5 years of hosting that the Society has already paid for, plus our December bill, plus about $1000 worth of administration costs accumulated over those last two years. If we can manage to raise $6000 then we'll be able to go for a whole year before we run another fundraiser smile.gif But we're setting the goal of $5000 because that's all we need for now.

Thanks in advance for your support. To monitor how the fundraiser is going, there is a little thermometer gizmo on the donation form.

Let's see if we can raise the money within a week!

--------------------
My website - My Patreon - @elakdawalla on Twitter - Please support unmannedspaceflight.com by donating here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nprev
post Sep 24 2012, 10:55 PM
Post #2

Merciless Robot

Member No.: 602

I'll be contributing this Friday. It's hard for a dishonest robot to pull a good heist on a Monday... tongue.gif

--------------------
A few will take this knowledge and use this power of a dream realized as a force for change, an impetus for further discovery to make less ancient dreams real.

+Quote Post
angel1801
post Sep 25 2012, 01:56 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 694

Despite being a lurker and reader of other people's comments much more than actually posting anything, I did give $50 USD for this site to continue.

--------------------
I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that I have set before thee life and death, the blessing and the curse; therefore choose life, that thou mayest live, thou and thy seed.

- Opening line from episode 13 of "Cosmos"

+Quote Post
lyford
post Sep 25 2012, 02:33 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 124

Ka-ching!

--------------------
Lyford Rome
"Zis is not nuts, zis is super-nuts!" Mathematician Richard Courant on viewing an Orion test

+Quote Post
MahFL
post Sep 25 2012, 10:22 AM
Post #5

Forum Contributor

Member No.: 11

When I look at thos pages with Firefox all I see is a background grid.

+Quote Post
abalone
post Sep 25 2012, 10:50 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 409

Pleasure to give, donation made!

+Quote Post
pospa
post Sep 25 2012, 10:55 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 5979

QUOTE (MahFL @ Sep 25 2012, 12:22 PM) *
When I look at thos pages with Firefox all I see is a background grid.

Same for me using IE8. sad.gif

Edit: I guess proxy here at work doesn't like secured https page. Will try from home.

+Quote Post
vikingmars
post Sep 25 2012, 12:02 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 172

Emily, as Charter TPS Member I will fulfill my duty (with pleasure) by making a donation... tonight from home, because on my office computer screen the TPS donation page is just gray with no more on it... I'm not sure I have the latest IE version in my office. Cheers ! smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

+Quote Post
climber
post Sep 25 2012, 01:22 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 682

Try Debayer!
Seriously, Is TPS down because of This: http://www.planetary.org/blogs/guest-blogs...leaky-pipe.html

--------------------

+Quote Post
brianc
post Sep 25 2012, 02:29 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 312

Another lurker you do a fantastic job it's been my daily read since the Spirit landing

$50 contributed via Paypal

+Quote Post
elakdawalla
post Sep 25 2012, 04:04 PM
Post #11

Administrator

Thanks everyone for your generous contributions so far! We're already above $2000 after less than 24 hours!

Regarding the IE8 from work problems: I'm letting the people who do forms know about this -- we'll see if we can figure out a solution.

Climber -- fortunately, our website is not hosted from our office, so it (and my ability to work) are entirely unaffected by the leaky pipe. It's just the people who actually need to use paper -- the membership department and finance officer and so on -- who can't do much this week.

--------------------
My website - My Patreon - @elakdawalla on Twitter - Please support unmannedspaceflight.com by donating here.

+Quote Post
elakdawalla
post Sep 25 2012, 04:34 PM
Post #12

Administrator

We're wondering if the problem is related to the thermometer, which we haven't used on our forms before. For those of you having trouble accessing it from work, can you see our regular donation form here?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Holder of the Tw...
post Sep 25 2012, 05:37 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 557

No, just a greenish grid.

+Quote Post
stevesliva
post Sep 25 2012, 06:41 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 530

FF on XP works, IE doesn't for me. IE appears to think the page's HTML is seriously terrible, with nothing in the body. And looking at the HTML, there are several linebreaks in the <body> tag. I saved the HTML from FF, and it's the same there. FF is just tolerating it better. For what it's worth, it appears that FF is highlighting the <body> stuff in red, probably indicating it realizes it's mangled, but is proceeding rather than abending.

+Quote Post
elakdawalla
post Sep 25 2012, 06:43 PM
Post #15

Administrator

We're looking at it and our IT guy says there's a jquery error that's breaking it on IE8. He's trying to fix it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:25 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.