Reply to this topicStart new topic
Browsers
Mixer
post Jan 15 2013, 04:16 AM
Post #16

Group: Members
Member No.: 4794

QUOTE (maycm @ Nov 27 2012, 01:06 AM) *
Navigating and reading is pretty much a nightmare so I tend not to even try generally, but I came across an App named Tapatalk which seems as though it would reformat things into a more manageable format. Has anyone used this or something similar, or are there plans on the horizon for the site to be optimised for mobiles?

I'd love to second the request to support Tapatalk, its a great way to stay in touch with forums via tablets & mobiles.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Syrinx
post Jan 15 2013, 04:19 AM
Post #17

Member No.: 4168

Tapatalk is great. I use it on other boards. Supposedly it is very easy to set up and enable on the server, according to the moderators at one of the other boards I frequent.

+Quote Post
helvick
post Jan 16 2013, 09:22 PM
Post #18

Dublin Correspondent

Group: Admin
Member No.: 220

I'm in the process of planning our move to a newer release of IP.Board that will provide quite a few usability benefits along with proper support for modern devices, specifically Android and iOS browsers.

This isn't going to be a rapid change over as I've just started to prepare for it but if the testing I'm doing at the moment shows no issues then it should be something that you can all expect in the next month or two. It isn't a big job to be honest but it is a major change and if it goes wrong then rolling back could be painful, especially if the issues are subtle so I want to test the upgrade in isolation and then bring up a test copy of the board running under the new code for "user acceptance testing" for a week or two before we do the upgrade for real.

I'm also a fan of Tapatalk and the upgrade will support it at no additional cost to us ( which is a factor ) so I already had that down for evaluation on my own list. With a compatible version of IP.board Tapatalk support is simple to install, unfortunately the board version we're running on isn't support and Tapatalk support have indicated they aren't going to write it so it can only be installed after we upgrade.

+Quote Post
Mixer
post Jan 17 2013, 08:42 AM
Post #19

Member No.: 4794

QUOTE (helvick @ Jan 17 2013, 08:22 AM) *
I'm also a fan of Tapatalk and the upgrade will support it at no additional cost to us ( which is a factor ) so I already had that down for evaluation on my own list. With a compatible version of IP.board Tapatalk support is simple to install, unfortunately the board version we're running on isn't support and Tapatalk support have indicated they aren't going to write it so it can only be installed after we upgrade.

Wow that is awesome, thanks!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:35 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.