Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Puck
tedstryk
post Mar 29 2007, 05:40 PM
Post #1

Interplanetary Dumpster Diver

Group: Admin
Member No.: 33

I have gone back and fiddled with Voyager's lone resolved image of Puck. Phil, do you know if there are any others in which Puck extends more than one pixel? I posted the images on my "Icy Satellites" page. Both are larger than the original images (I used my faux-super resolution technique to clarify definition), but the one on the right is enlarged further for easier viewing, although it looks terrible blown up that much.

For comparison, the raw image (cropped from the frame) is shown below, and on the right is the same image, simply stretched, but othewise raw.

Incidentally, this image was lost due to a storm during the original transmission. Fortunately, they got another chance to grab it from the tape recorder before it was overwritten.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 11:53 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.