Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Areo - 3D Model Generator for HiRISE Data
Matt Brealey
post Mar 8 2017, 05:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8038

Hi Everyone!

Over the last few weeks I’ve been writing a Mac app called Areo that generates 3D models from HiRISE data. I’ve just released the second beta that includes the ability to create fully 3D-printable models. I’m not entirely sure this is the right place to post it, but I thought it might be interesting to a few people here smile.gif

If you do get a chance to try it, I’d love to hear your thoughts/suggestions : https://www.thestateofspace.com/areo

Thanks!

Matt

ADMIN: Moved to Image Processing Techniques.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
elakdawalla
post Jun 20 2017, 05:31 PM
Post #2

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 454

Thanks for the save button, very helpful. And I had indeed missed those three little dots!

I showed an image I liked to a colleague and he was wondering if when you share a direct link (such as, say, http://areobrowser.com/dtm/ESP_017173_1715 ) you could get some information -- the observation's title and the link to the HiRISE website -- from the page you land on. As of now the list of files on the left bears no relationship to the image displayed on the right when you enter the site through such a direct link.

--------------------
My website - My Patreon - @elakdawalla on Twitter - Please support unmannedspaceflight.com by donating here.

+Quote Post
Matt Brealey
post Jun 20 2017, 07:24 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 8038

QUOTE (elakdawalla @ Jun 20 2017, 06:31 PM) *
Thanks for the save button, very helpful. And I had indeed missed those three little dots!

I showed an image I liked to a colleague and he was wondering if when you share a direct link (such as, say, http://areobrowser.com/dtm/ESP_017173_1715 ) you could get some information -- the observation's title and the link to the HiRISE website -- from the page you land on. As of now the list of files on the left bears no relationship to the image displayed on the right when you enter the site through such a direct link.

No problem! And a title bar for the 3D view is something I've been meaning to get around to for the last few days. I've just uploaded it in it's current state (a bar at the top of the 3D scene showing the loaded model's title and a link to the HiRISE source) so if you refresh you should hopefully see it! Plan is to add some extra useful info/tools into that bar over the next few weeks.

And I do love that model... smile.gif

Cheers!

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:12 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.