IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

LPSC 2012
machi
post Feb 2 2012, 11:03 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 4057

It looks, that LPSC abstracts for this year are now available - LPSC 2012.
As last year, I made two files for downloading abstracts via download manager (I'm using Free Download Manager).
One is for sessions and second one is for automatic download of all pdfs between indexes 1001 and 2999.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Lpsc2012_1001_2999.txt ( 109.32K ) Number of downloads: 446
Attached File  LpscSessions101_818.txt ( 8.87K ) Number of downloads: 361

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
antipode
post Feb 9 2012, 09:01 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 1206

I love these 'abstracts' because they are more like mini papers! (requiring 'abstracts of the abstract' which made me laugh).

Hours of good reading - especially the Martian glaciology, Mercurian volatiles and Titan climate stuff.

However, THIS really caught my interest (and given Emily's comment above I'll supply the link)

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2012/pdf/1713.pdf

I'd never seen a projection of Dione's south pole before. Plus those putative extinct (dormant?) 'tiger stripes', a pedestal crater, and a funky looking cryovolcano. Very cool stuff.

P

+Quote Post
ngunn
post Feb 9 2012, 10:09 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 542

QUOTE (antipode @ Feb 9 2012, 09:01 PM) *
'abstracts of the abstract' which made me laugh

There is a degree of unbuttoned informality about the whole event. The organisers give sessions quirky titles and in the mini-papers the scientists can use language freely, sometimes coining new words, and invoke extra-scientific cultural references for effect: comic, serious, or both at once. Such things might not pass peer review but they do not detract from the science in any way, quite the opposite in fact. The party mood is infectious even for a distant onlooker.

Thanks to antipode and others for the pointers to interesting topics. I loved the Martian basalt columns. I have a small piece of a much narrower basalt column in my attic rock collection (Carboniferous, Fife, Scotland).

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:41 PM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.