IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

My Xmars Gift For The Umsf Members, Poetry?...Bah!
ustrax
post Dec 22 2005, 09:16 PM
Post #1

Special Cookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 228

Because we are witnessing the Tomorrow
and because I admire you all for your
knowledge and scientific balance here
are some words from a dreamer of
abysses to come.
They're words, not science, they're words,
not images and, even not the better ones,
they come from the heart, as a comet...

ULTREYA!

Truth hides behind time
And a new chaint rises.

Earths hide behind Earth
And a new chaint rises.

Onward! Onward!
New tides of evolution...
Onward! Onward!
Dust
Wind
Sand
Land...

We follow among rocky waves,
towards us,
We follow among watery islands,
towards us.

Onward! Onward!
Truth hides behind time...
Onward! Onward!
Man dreams, Spirit touches...

Onward! Onward!
Step by step,
building our descendents steps.

Rui Borges
aka ustrax

--------------------
"Ride, boldly ride," The shade replied, "If you seek for Eldorado!"
Edgar Alan Poe
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
CosmicRocker
post Dec 23 2005, 05:32 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 116

ustrax: That is a beautiful sculpture, and quite dramatic in appearance, especially with the dark storm clouds in the backgound. You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the entire monument with that background, would you? That would be spectacular. It does seem to be a fitting monument to the dreams of the virtual spacefarers, here. Thanks.

Your writings and symbolic uses of words, with the frequent calls to go Onward! and references to the Abyss, descendants, with implications of evolution remind me of the later works of my favorite philosopher, Nikos Kazantzakis. Do you know of him?

--------------------
...Tom

I'm not a Space Fan, I'm a Space Exploration Enthusiast.

+Quote Post
ustrax
post Dec 23 2005, 09:52 AM
Post #3

Special Cookie

Member No.: 228

QUOTE (CosmicRocker @ Dec 23 2005, 05:32 AM)
ustrax:  That is a beautiful sculpture, and quite dramatic in appearance, especially with the dark storm clouds in the backgound.  You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the entire monument with that background, would you?  That would be spectacular.  It does seem to be a fitting monument to the dreams of the virtual spacefarers, here.  Thanks.

Your writings and symbolic uses of words, with the frequent calls to go Onward! and references to the Abyss, descendants, with implications of evolution remind me of the later works of my favorite philosopher, Nikos Kazantzakis.  Do you know of him?

If you go here:
http://www.abiyoyo.com/portugal/lisboa/belem/belem.htm
you can see several images from the Padrão taken at the same time...
And who knows? Maybe someday a similar monument will hommage those, who like our ancestors, will sail the open space 'unleashing themselves from the law of death' 'gaving new worlds to the world'...
Symbolic use of words...I believe that words are very powerful creatures... rolleyes.gif
And the calls to go Onward...maybe their just the reflex of knowing that life is short and my curiosity too, too big...
From Kazantzakis I only know the 'Last Temptation of Christ' but I'll look for more, can you suggest me something?

--------------------
"Ride, boldly ride," The shade replied, "If you seek for Eldorado!"
Edgar Alan Poe

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:34 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.