Reply to this topicStart new topic
Working with Calibrated Data
Tman
post May 10 2010, 06:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 186

Wind gust on Sol 1953

The MER Analyst's Notebook 23rd release contains the impressive wind gust from sol 1953 that we saw and discussed here: http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/index.p...st&p=142917

After processing it has still a lot noises and it is difficult (for me) to get better out the dust from the gust in the air without producing these noises and it's also difficult to keep the original look by tinkering with coloring. However, if you do not expect too much, it has more details than the raw images.

smile.gif It is a relatively massive (256)GIF file of 4 MB: http://www.greuti.ch/spirit/sol1953dd_MRLcalb_color.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CosmicRocker
post May 13 2010, 04:22 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 116

Thanks for posting that, Tman. It is very good work. I remember the event well. It was the one that appeared to be a direct hit on Spirit. We had some debate as to whether it was a dust devil or a straight-line wind event. After seeing it much better in your enhanced, calibrated images, I continue to lean toward interpreting it as a DD. But it is still not obvious, one way or the other, to me.

--------------------
...Tom

I'm not a Space Fan, I'm a Space Exploration Enthusiast.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:20 AM
RULES AND GUIDELINES
Please read the Forum Rules and Guidelines before posting.

IMAGE COPYRIGHT
Images posted on UnmannedSpaceflight.com may be copyrighted. Do not reproduce without permission. Read here for further information on space images and copyright.

OPINIONS AND MODERATION
Opinions expressed on UnmannedSpaceflight.com are those of the individual posters and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of UnmannedSpaceflight.com or The Planetary Society. The all-volunteer UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderation team is wholly independent of The Planetary Society. The Planetary Society has no influence over decisions made by the UnmannedSpaceflight.com moderators.
SUPPORT THE FORUM
Unmannedspaceflight.com is funded by the Planetary Society. Please consider supporting our work and many other projects by donating to the Society or becoming a member.